9 replies to this topic

#1 pompeyphil

pompeyphil

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

I've purchased Sitemap Automator but I'm pretty disappointed. It is not finding and listing all pages on the site. I've used another tool to create a sitemap for my site and that one does find all the pages (settings are the same).

I also find it gets confused all the time - I have several websites listed in the left column but the results in the right panes get mixed up. If I view rejected URLS for one site and then switch sites, the rejected list stays the same.

I don't know how to close a sitemap, so I'm always getting warned about having a sitemap open.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

HI,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Can you let me know what your website URL is so I can try scanning it here?

#3 englishchrissy

englishchrissy

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

I have also noticed this. Last week we had 4100 url's in the sitemap. This week we added another 20 pages but when I ran Sitemap Automator it now said 3800. Very strange. I'm going to save the sitemap off before the next run and then use my diff software to see what has gone. This has somewhat dented my faith in this product and I will be looking at it closely over the next few runs.

Any ideas as to why this is happening would be appreciated. I have not changed any of the sayings.

Edited by englishchrissy, 26 March 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#4 englishchrissy

englishchrissy

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

I ran Sitemap Automator again today and it found 4189 pages. Yesterday it said 3809. We only added a few pages. I had 4 connections allowed, I have now reduced this to 3. I also changed the timeout from 5 seconds to 15 seconds and Connection delay to 2000ms. Todays results (4189) look to be correct.

#5 englishchrissy

englishchrissy

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

I have raised this with Rage support with Paul Levine. After quickly replying and me supplying additional info the trail has gone cold. The last response I had from him was over a month ago (22 June 2011). Instead of helping me to improve their software I am just being ignored. Sitemap automator has a bug (a few I imagine) where it is missing hundreds of valid urls. It's a shame really because it has the potential to be the very best sitemap creator for the mac.

Very disappointed customer!

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

I have raised this with Rage support with Paul Levine. After quickly replying and me supplying additional info the trail has gone cold. The last response I had from him was over a month ago (22 June 2011). Instead of helping me to improve their software I am just being ignored. Sitemap automator has a bug (a few I imagine) where it is missing hundreds of valid urls. It's a shame really because it has the potential to be the very best sitemap creator for the mac.

Very disappointed customer!

Hi,

Sorry you did not receive a response. I am looking into your email now. I believe I sent you an email telling you there were issues with your website server and that was causing the rejected URL's which may have caused some URL's to be missed.

I will look into it again.

#7 wforrester58

wforrester58

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

I am having the same problem but it seems to be limited to pages indexed from flash menus. Is there any way to index the whole site not just those pages linked with direct html code. The point of my site map was to get around the flash menu hidden links

#8 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

You're right that's why you need a sitemap, but you can't find links in a FLASH based site automatically. That's the problem with FLASH and why search engines can't probably index your site so you will have to add these links manually.

#9 Tkendall

Tkendall

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I recently changed from Apple's Mobleme site, I have had a web site zolnerzone.us for about 4 years. When I made the change on 7/1 a Google search was still showing the old path to homepage.mac.com. I decided I had to do a site map and downloaded the Automator, but it only came up with two links, I know there are hundreds, I published this site map to Google anyway. Why would it come up with only 2 links? What steps should I take, (if any), to correct this?

Thank you,

Tristan

#10 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

If anyone has many pages on their sites, but only see one or two links when scanning in Sitemap Automator, try entering your entire URL to scan. So for example, if someone entered domain.com, try entering domain.com/Site_Name/Page_Name.html

You of course replace that URL with your URL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users