7 replies to this topic

#1 frost

frost

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:04 PM

Juts downloaded the trial and really like the overall design and layout of the program. Just switched to mac and a good domain manager was hot on the wanted-list.

However I have some questions and "requests", hopefully some of them might even be availably, just I havnīt found them yet (altough I doubt it)

First of, I would really love to be able to expand the results, say the top links. Sure top ten is good for overall picture, but with a click it could maybe be done to open top, say 100 links?

I would also love to see some sort of history option, maybe once per day or every week domainer can display arrows up or down if a domain has gained or lossed backlinks/pr/tags etc.

And for us that have pretty big domainportfolios it would be nice to see colorcoded notes as well as maybe being able to separate them a bit more, a bigger space in between or something.

Would also love to see displayed DNS so that you can easily see if what and where you link internally.

Maybe not realistic feature but one that would be really nice is the option to insert a statistics counter (analytics, statcounter etc) and maybe also display up or down arrows.

(noted is that I see that some of the info I wish to see is already there, dns is being scanned and such but I canīt seem to get it to show in the list etc)

Overall I love the looks and simplicity but since I canīt really seem to find the things I need I canīt really decide if Iīm to buy it or go for something more complex... so Im kinda hoping for some reassuring voices here on this forum :)

Thanks! And happy xmas! :)

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

Thank you for your feedback. A history is a great suggestion which we do plan on adding. Regarding popularity/hits the alexa rating, though slightly biased is your current best bet to compare the popularity a web site gets, though it does not provide you with an exact hit number.

We would really like to provide integration with some kind of stats counter, though we would need one that provides a way for third party products to access the information.

As for color coded notes, are you looking for something like labels in the Finder?

We have some great new features planned that gives you a better indication of the popularity of web site. If you will be attending MacWorld in San Francisco this January, we will be demoing the new version at our booth - S2727

#3 frost

frost

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

Hi Paul and thanks for the reply, was unsure if somebody would be answering over the holidays or not :)

Would love to attend but Iī, stuck in sweden heh

About the color notes, anything would really help - my main issue is that I am having trouble getting a good overall picture now. Iīve been using some customscripts but none that have solved this issue in a good way, which is also one of the reasons why I am looking for a new solution.

Question about the new version, if I buy now how much will upgrade be? Or should I just wait :) The current version is nice, but a bit slim for my needs, but if a upgrade is due in january this is great news indeed!

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

We could add the labels, similar to the Finder.

If you buy now you will receive free updates until version 2.0.

#5 frost

frost

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Sounds good, free upgrades are always nice. Just bought and I am trying it out right now, however I have stumbled over problems almost at once..
Domainer doesnt seem to be able or very happy to handle large amounts of data nor domains? Iīve inserted 600 domains and it's so slow I want to kill myself..?
Anybody else experienced the same problems?
(im on a new macbook pro, intel)

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

Slow in what way? What aspects of the program are you finding to be slow?

Can you export your domains and send them to me through the form at http://www.ragesw.com/support/

#7 frost

frost

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

Hi again,

Seems like it was my bad, when Domainer started catching all the info it first started to load (mac loadin icon) but then stopped and atleast to me nothing was happening so I figured it was all good. Ofcourse the software was still trying to fetch all the info but since no indication was showing I had no idea.. this went on for a good 30 minutes or soo untill all the domains where fetched with info (pr, links etc)

So my hat is off :)

I am however deeply missing colorcodings, which would make a easy way of separating the genres of domain, and if you could specify a note a certain color the problem could be solved pretty fast. (Thats the way I've filtered my domains as of now, with different notes and then smartgroups based on the notes - don't know of any other way)

And also if the incomming links list could be longer or made to expand that would be awsome - would be a nice list to see common sites and powerfull linksources etc.

Will try it more tomorrow!

#8 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

When you are in small column view, there is no indication currently that information is being searched besides the data gradually showing up for each domain. It will take a while to process 30 domains because Domainer has to connect to many different online services to retrieve the right information.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will see what we can do for a future release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users