5 replies to this topic

#1 inventor

inventor

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

I absolutely love the Domainer application. I park hundreds of domain names and its really helping me get better organized.

Features I could really use:
Make the DNS information available in the main list window. It is currently not an option in the preferences yet you collect the information in the "Edit Domain" window. This would quickly allow me to see where my domains are parked without having to click on each domain.

Since a domain name by definition is actually "mydomain.com" not a full URL "http://mydomain.com", in my opinion it would make more sense to display just the domain name itself in the list and in the "Edit Domain" window but when right clicking on the domain and selecting "Open in Web Browser" it would actually send you to the full URL. Hidden field could accomplish this perhaps?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi,

The first request we get a lot and will be adding soon.

The second request we could add. I will see what we can do for a future release.

#3 Helmi

Helmi

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

I totall second the first request.

Additionally it would be nice to gather even some information for non com/net/org-Domains. Especially .de-Domains.

Information like Nameservers would be essential. I know that expiration dates are not publicly available there but it would be a great option to automatically set the expiration date as creation date + x years (yearly) in this cases. The standard period for .de-domains is yearly.

I'd also like to see the domain name instead of the URL. For future redesigns probably thinking of the URL as a child element of a domain would be interesting. Therefore you could add several projects under one url (subdomains or directories) for explicit PR and Backlinkchecks. But for the beginning showing the domain instead of the url would be a great deal i guess.

What also could be great is an additional filter to the left showing all domains that are not within another folder yet. That could ease the job of sorting new ones.

Edited by Helmi, 21 May 2008 - 07:21 AM.

#4 inventor

inventor

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

Many thanks to the Rage Software team for the updates implemented in version 1.7
Your software rocks!

Hi,

The first request we get a lot and will be adding soon.

The second request we could add. I will see what we can do for a future release.

#5 Helmi

Helmi

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

also thanks from here for the update. Unfortunately i still can't gather nameserver and whois information for DE domains. Would be nice if you could fix this in the next release.

#6 Neonsquare

Neonsquare

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

Yes more information from .de-Domains is really needed. I've tried Whois Analyzer Pro and they get alot more information for .de-Domains. I really hope that Domainer gets fixed in that regard.

ciao,
Jochen Schmidt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users