4 replies to this topic

#1 hvico

hvico

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Great to see someone has realized that cutting and pasting files & folders is a really useful thing. Great work.

I have a suggestion. When I cut a file or folder it should not dissapear, it would be nice to see it "grayed" (the Windows way) and the file should not be removed until its pasted somewhere. I confirm the file its not removed until it is pasted, because the "cutted" filed reappears when I click the folder that contains it.

Mac purists say that cut & paste is dangerous because when you cut some file, that file it's not safe until you paste it somewhere. That is not true, it should be implemented in way the file it's not removed from its original location until it has been pasted somewhere. But it would be nice to see that the file is still there until it is pasted.

Thanks,

Edited by hvico, 06 August 2008 - 07:35 PM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:31 PM

Greying out the file is a good idea and yes the file is NOT removed until it is pasted somewhere.

#3 Zentaur

Zentaur

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

Another cut-and-paste question: How can I cut a file using a right mouse click? So, instead of a left mouse click and another "cut" in the upper pane, I would like to use a right mouse click and then choose "cut" instead of "duplicate.." or "copy". There is no "cut" entry, unfortunately. Thanks.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Another cut-and-paste question: How can I cut a file using a right mouse click? So, instead of a left mouse click and another "cut" in the upper pane, I would like to use a right mouse click and then choose "cut" instead of "duplicate.." or "copy". There is no "cut" entry, unfortunately. Thanks.

Unfortunately we cannot do this with the current version.

#5 BirdyL1982

BirdyL1982

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

I guess I should claify the issue. When typing in the body of the email I can select the text and right click on it. When i right click i get the options to cut, copy, and paste. However, they are greyed out and i am not able to select an option.

Does anyone know how to fix his?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users