Jump to content


Photo

File Extensions On Saved Files


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave McCullough

Dave McCullough

    RAGE User

  • RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:37 PM

When I open an existing php file and try to save it in a different location, WebDesign adds an extra extension. For example, IT_Error.php becomes IT_Error.phpphp. How can I over-ride this behaviour?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

    Administrator

  • RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

In the Edit Modes tab of the Preferences have you added an default extension when in PHP mode? What version of WebDesign are you using?

I can't seem to reproduce this. Can you provide me with more detailed steps. There may be something that you are doing which I am not to get this behaviour.

#3 Dave McCullough

Dave McCullough

    RAGE User

  • RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:40 PM

You're right, I created a default extension (php) in the Edit Modes tab of preferences. I delelted it, and I think the problem has been solved.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

    Administrator

  • RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:05 PM

I'm glad you got this worked out. However the file extension should not be added if you already have one. I am trying to reproduce this but can't here. Can you describe what you did to see this?

#5 Dave McCullough

Dave McCullough

    RAGE User

  • RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:09 PM

With the edit mode of preferences set to add the php extension (document mode = php, default extension = php), I open up an existing document with a php extension eg IT.php.

When I save as, the document is named IT.phpphp. The problem does not occur if I save, only if I save as.

There is no way to save the file without the extra extension. You have to save it, then navigate to it using the finder, and rename it in the finder.

I'm using OSX 10.2, WebDesign 2.6

After I removed the extension (document mode = php, default extension = blank) the problem was solved.

Thanks for your help.

#6 RageSW

RageSW

    Administrator

  • RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

Thanks Dave. I can reproduce this and it will be fixed for the next free update due shortly.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users