4 replies to this topic

#1 icrude

icrude

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

So google wants me to add the extention of the page where my sitemap is located but i am using godaddy forwarding and masking and I don't have the option of adding the additional pages. So if I just have one url address how can I tell google where the sitemap file is?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

You must ask Godaddy to unmask your domain. If you don't you can not expect all of your pages to be added to search engines' index or get high search engine rankings.

You should never use domain masking for a website because of the issues with search engines and because it prevents people from being able to bookmark your site.

#3 icrude

icrude

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

You must ask Godaddy to unmask your domain. If you don't you can not expect all of your pages to be added to search engines' index or get high search engine rankings.

You should never use domain masking for a website because of the issues with search engines and because it prevents people from being able to bookmark your site.

ok i appreciate the response but godaddy's domains dont allow custom pages like this It's one url no matter what page I'm on so how do i add the sitemap?

Edited by icrude, 25 January 2009 - 07:47 PM.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

They do. You HAVE TO tell them to unmask your domain.

You can not create a proper sitemap or properly get your entire web site in search engines the way you have it. Please get in contact with godaddy and tell them to unmask your domain.

We have many users in the same situation as you.

Can you post your URL here anyways so I can take a look at it?

#5 icrude

icrude

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

They do. You HAVE TO tell them to unmask your domain.

You can not create a proper sitemap or properly get your entire web site in search engines the way you have it. Please get in contact with godaddy and tell them to unmask your domain.

We have many users in the same situation as you.

Can you post your URL here anyways so I can take a look at it?

Thank you for your response!

I already ended my mobileme account and am now hosting with godaddy and used the sitemap from google automator I purchased through you guys.

www.thedigitalcurrent.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users