6 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Flynn

Michael Flynn

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

I downloaded the trial version of web crusher and I'm trying it out on my iweb page. While the size of the website has decreased dramitically, I've not seen a huge reduction in the rendering time. That is, it takes just about as long to finish loading the page that was processed under web crusher then before hand.

I used the default settings of web crusher and I'm using iweb 09. Any comments or suggestions? My website is primarilly showing an albums page pointing to a number of photo pages. The site is a bit too sluggish, taking 15 seconds to load the first page which is the album page. 5 to 10 seconds for the picture pages to render. The timings as I mentioned are nearly identical to the pre-crushed pages.

I grabbed the website from ~/documents/Rage WebCrusher directory, and updated that manually to my mobileme site. I also remained the original one so I could compare/contrast both sites.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for trying WebCrusher.

Please understand a few things about WebCrusher;

1) It will make your website load as fast as it possibly can. This doesn't mean that you can always expect instant load time of your site. If you load up your website with lots of images it will always be relatively slow.

2) Your website is certainly faster but you may not notice this for a few reasons;
a) Its hard for you to notice the difference between 10 seconds and 12 seconds for example.
B) Your site is cached on your computer so the benefit will really come for new visitors who come to your site.
c) You have a slow internet connection
d) Your web server is very slow

Remember, if your website uses a lot of media files and images it will always be slow. WebCrusher makes it load as fast as possible but you may want to consider re-designing your website in a way that will make it less heavy with large image files. That could mean;
a) Reducing the dimensions of your image files so
B) Reducing the quality of your image files (which you can easily do in WebCrusher's preferences)
c) Using smaller thumbnails that when you click show the entire image
d) Reducing the amount of images you use

I can't give you specific advice without seeing your actual website.

#3 Michael Flynn

Michael Flynn

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the update.

I sent you a pm of my site, as per my pm, its a photo gallery of my kids so I wanted to just pm you the url. I hope you understand

Thanks
Mike

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

I am doing some more tests with your site to try and find a better solution for you.

#5 Michael Flynn

Michael Flynn

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

I am doing some more tests with your site to try and find a better solution for you.

I wouldn't spend too much time on it, in an effort to isolate where the slow down is, I re-uploaded the entire site to a web host that I also use and the pages rendered in under 7 seconds. Much faster.

the next step is to upload the uncrushed website to that same host and compare, but given that the site is rather small, I tend to agree that the time savings will just as small. Still I'm impressed that web crusher removed about a fair amount of space (going from 61 meg to 37 meg)

#6 swooperman

swooperman

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

Web Crusher is a big Rip off ! It just does not work with iWeb and the technical support does not have any answers.

I paid for it before trying it and they won't give me my money back!

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Web Crusher is a big Rip off ! It just does not work with iWeb and the technical support does not have any answers.

I paid for it before trying it and they won't give me my money back!

Hi,

I am sorry you are having problems with WebCrusher.

WebCrusher certainly does work with iWeb, in fact it includes a few iWeb specific optimizations and publishing to MobileMe. We have many users using WebCrusher with iWeb.

With that being said, sometimes problems arise with certain websites (even iWeb sites) but we are happy to take a look at get them fixed ASAP.

If you are not satisfied with the software we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Just send me your Ticket ID and I will take a look. We would never deny anyone their money back within our 30 day guarantee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users