#1 superfan

superfan

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Hi,
I have a website already built in Iweb and would love it if the intro page was an image map. That's how I discovered your amazing app. However, I don't know if it's possible to put it in due to the formatting iweb does. I know a little about html but not enough to configure a site from scratch. The index.html that iweb provides is practically empty. Is it possible for me to open up the site with a mapdesign image map page? Thanks so much.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

Hi,
I have a website already built in Iweb and would love it if the intro page was an image map. That's how I discovered your amazing app. However, I don't know if it's possible to put it in due to the formatting iweb does. I know a little about html but not enough to configure a site from scratch. The index.html that iweb provides is practically empty. Is it possible for me to open up the site with a mapdesign image map page? Thanks so much.

It should be possible by opening the HTML page created by MapDesign and copying and pasting it into your iWeb site as an HTML snippet.

You may have to double check your links in iWeb to make sure they all work correctly. I recommend you use full urls for all of your links to be sure everything works ok when you publish.

#3 superfan

superfan

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hi,

It should be possible by opening the HTML page created by MapDesign and copying and pasting it into your iWeb site as an HTML snippet.

You may have to double check your links in iWeb to make sure they all work correctly. I recommend you use full urls for all of your links to be sure everything works ok when you publish.

Thanks a lot. I think I didn't realize I could just use the basic html that mapdesign generates. I'm using that as my opening page and it looks pretty nice. It's currently the front page of AriMelman.com if you want to see it.

I have another question. Is there any way to have it automatically resize to fit on different screens. Like I don't want people to have to scroll to see it all. I'd also prefer if there wasn't that white border as the background. Is that possible?

Thanks again for the quick and helpful response.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

No you can't dynamically resize the image. People will have many different screen sizes, its just not possible.

To get rid of border place this code right before you see </style>. This should work;

body {
margin:0px;
padding:0px;
}

Let me know if you still have problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users