2 replies to this topic

#1 davej147

davej147

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

Is it possible to have the mouse-over image a different size than the hyperlinked button? Here are the steps I'm following:
* Select an Effects Map
* Draw a new rectangle around the name of a city (so it's a pretty small box) - complete the behavior area in the Inspector
* Right click the button and select "Draw Mouse Down Effect" - enlarge the size of the box
* Add an image to the "Over" area in the Inspector
* Save
* Preview - the activation button is now huge (as big as the image two steps above is)
* If I then right click the button, select Draw Normal Effect, Save, and Preview, the image box is now tiny.

Surely I must be doing something wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Dave

Edited by davej147, 01 March 2009 - 09:57 AM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Is it possible to have the mouse-over image a different size than the hyperlinked button? Here are the steps I'm following:

The clickable region must be as big as the mouse over/down effects.

A work around for this is to create one large hot spot the size of your image. Then cover up the first hot spot with additional hot spots that have no link. Now you will only be able to click in the region that is not covered by other hot spots but your image will up as large as you want.

#3 jimglas

jimglas

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

When I make a mouse over box,
How do I make the info box that comes up be larger than the hotspot itself
and perhaps in a slightly different position

Your add/demo with the webpage seems to demonstrate this, but I cannot reproduce the effect

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users