#1 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hello,
can we have some clean up of the interface?

1. The Column WEBSITES is in no order. And - over the time - in my case thjs list became a wild mixture of unsorted URLs starting with "http://www." oder just "www." I did not find a way to edit and to sort those links. Which makes it unnecessarily difficult to locate projects.

And I want to be able to duplicate them and just update the name of the newly created site: Why? To to apply a set of proven rules from an older site to a new site this way. (Setting up rules can be a time consuming task otherwise.)

2. The settings of FTP can be edited. Good. But they also do not appear in a sorted order. Bad.

3. Also I don't know why still the settings for a site and the ftp-setting for an upload of that same site are at different places and not connected in some sort of central settings for the specific site, like all those ftp- and web-development software out there have it.

That would make my workflows much easier.

Thanks,
Carl

Edited by ceberlin, 25 March 2009 - 01:39 PM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your feedback;

1) We can add the ability to sort for the next release. As for duplicating, did you know that you can create filter sets using the drop down menu at the top of the filter window? Then you can apply these to a new website you create.

2) We can add sorting here to as well

3) The next release will remember what FTP server you want to upload your sitemap too.

Please let me know if you have any more feedback.

#3 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

1) We can add the ability to sort for the next release. As for duplicating, did you know that you can create filter sets using the drop down menu at the top of the filter window? Then you can apply these to a new website you create.

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

Nice tip about the filter sets. I'll try that out this evening.

As for the sorting of the WEBSITES menu:
Sorting alone would not help, as this would probably not be able to handle the various ways to set links, like "http://www..." and "www..." which seem to work the same way but sort differently.
My suggestion would be to have that an editable name what works like an internal name. And the real WEB-URL would be set in one of the detail pages like "scan links" and/or "Edit Pages".
This way the user has 100% control over the sorting and the real url is untouched.
(Like Dreamweaver CS4 is doing it with the Sites Set-up.)

Edited by ceberlin, 26 March 2009 - 06:23 AM.

#4 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

Version 2.1 is out and STILL no noticeable CHANGE. How disappointing. :-(

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

We have added all of your requests except for number 1 because of certain technical reasons but we are working on it.

#6 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hi, thanks for replying.

1: You are certainly partly correct about the URLs. I am aware that "www.mydomain.com" and "mydomain.com" are different things. But "http://www.mydomain.com " and "www.mydomain.com" would work 100% the same, don't they?

I would be perfectly fine if the "REAL" url would be stored at "Scan Links" or "Edit pages". And if this would be changed a stored sitemap for this would be reset. Or altering would be not possible if the previous idea does not work).

But since a full URL is kind of crytic and difficult to read it is, i.m.h.o., not a wise idea to use THAT also as a MENU: This makes finding things difficult and sorting impossible.
Is my domain under domain? or under www.domain...? or under http:// www.domain...?

The main web software like dreamweaver, and the common FTP-programs have an editable menu name for each area there for a reason. An editable menu would make it much easier to keep cleaned up.

2. FTP: I discovered that the ftp-contents are indeed remembered now. That did not the way I expected it, so I did not discover the behavior change right away, but now it seems to work. Thank you!

Thanks, Carl

Edited by ceberlin, 18 August 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hi, thanks for replying.

1: You are certainly partly correct about the URLs. I am aware that "www.mydomain.com" and "mydomain.com" are different things. But "http://www.mydomain.com " and "www.mydomain.com" would work 100% the same, don't they?

I would be perfectly fine if the "REAL" url would be stored at "Scan Links" or "Edit pages". And if this would be changed a stored sitemap for this would be reset. Or altering would be not possible if the previous idea does not work).

But since a full URL is kind of crytic and difficult to read it is, i.m.h.o., not a wise idea to use THAT also as a MENU: This makes finding things difficult and sorting impossible.
Is my domain under domain? or under www.domain...? or under http:// www.domain...?

The main web software like dreamweaver, and the common FTP-programs have an editable menu name for each area there for a reason. An editable menu would make it much easier to keep cleaned up.

This is exactly what we are working on for the next release. It just didn't make it into the version 2.1 release.

#8 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

Funny... It is not remembering FTP settings any more.
I still have to select ftp settings from the ftp list.
Next time I go to FTP the fields are empty again.

I remember that I've seen this working once. But
the feature seems not to be stable and solid jet?

-Carl

#9 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Funny... It is not remembering FTP settings any more.
I still have to select ftp settings from the ftp list.
Next time I go to FTP the fields are empty again.

I remember that I've seen this working once. But
the feature seems not to be stable and solid jet?

-Carl

Hi Carl,

It sounds like your Preferences file may have become corrupted if it's not saving your data.

Delete the file located at;

username/Library/Preferences/com.ragesw.googlesitemap.xml

And try again. It should work. However, you will have to re-enter all your settings after you delete the above file.

Please let me know if you still have trouble.

#10 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:46 AM

Hi,
the connection between site and ftp-information is now remembered here with today's update version. Thanks a lot.

There is still the same problem than ever in the UI with makes things tricky if you have to maintain more than a few sites:

There's no way to edit or sort the websites column.

By now I have 30 sites, some start with "http://www" some older with "www." only and they are all not sorted. Finding the right one becomes unnecessarily tricky.

Also I would like to be able to switch the warning off "A site map is currently opened" - what harm can there be, switching....

Cheers, Carl

#11 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

Still awaiting a reply....

Edited by ceberlin, 08 April 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#12 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

Still awaiting a reply....

#13 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi Carl,

Sorry to keep you waiting. We are still planning on putting this feature in one of our future releases.

We appreciate your patience very much.

#14 ceberlin

ceberlin

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

And still waiting and waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users