3 replies to this topic

#1 sasabombasa

sasabombasa

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:03 PM

total newbie. read manual that comes with the seokeyword program and cant find when and under what circumstances to hit "apply" and/or "apply all". how is this different than "publish"?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Press apply when to apply your changes to the selected page

Press apple all when you have re-opened your website in iWeb SEO Tool after publishing it again in iWeb. Since iWeb overwrites all files and your changed data, iWeb SEO Tool remembers internally all of your custom tags. Apply All re-applies all saved tags to a republished website.

Publish will publish your website to your FTP server or iDisk/MobileMe. If you have already loaded your site from your iDisk you don't need to press Publish. Pressing apply in this case applies your changes directly to your published site.

#3 sasabombasa

sasabombasa

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

Press apply when to apply your changes to the selected page

Press apple all when you have re-opened your website in iWeb SEO Tool after publishing it again in iWeb. Since iWeb overwrites all files and your changed data, iWeb SEO Tool remembers internally all of your custom tags. Apply All re-applies all saved tags to a republished website.

Publish will publish your website to your FTP server or iDisk/MobileMe. If you have already loaded your site from your iDisk you don't need to press Publish. Pressing apply in this case applies your changes directly to your published site.

thanks for all 3 responses, Paul. so, just to be clear:

1--every time i make changes in iweb, i have to do seo tool whether i've made changes to seo or not, right?

2--say i make my various changes to text, images, whatever, within iweb. then do i have to publish to a folder AND FTP those changes *before* doing the seo tool?

or can i just save what i've done in i web, publish to a folder, open seo tool and make any changes, then ftp everything at once?

3--if i'm making changes just to seo stuff, iweb doesnt even have to be open to ftp seo changes?

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:53 AM

1) Yes this is correct

2) Just publish to a folder in iWeb and then use iWeb SEO Tool to publish to your FTP

3) No iWeb does not have to be opened

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users