1 reply to this topic

#1 rhuvok

rhuvok

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:51 AM

I was finding that none of my domains that I'd tried had correctly interpreted the dates in the whois information. I'd tried .com, .ca, .be and a couple others, all from different registrars. It was using the day of the month as the year, the month as the day and the year as the month. So instead of 20 February 2003, it is giving me 2 March 2020, in one case.

It would seem that it was because my computer region is set to Canada. I tried to switch to the US temporarily and restarted the application and a couple that I tried pulled the dates okay. Obviously I don't want to change my region every time that I start the application.

Also the other whois information like owner, registrar, etc is rarely picked up correctly, but when I manually set the correct value, it is overwritten the next time I refresh the whois for updated dates. Is there the ability to lock the fields, or should I just set up custom fields for these things?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

I was finding that none of my domains that I'd tried had correctly interpreted the dates in the whois information. I'd tried .com, .ca, .be and a couple others, all from different registrars. It was using the day of the month as the year, the month as the day and the year as the month. So instead of 20 February 2003, it is giving me 2 March 2020, in one case.

It would seem that it was because my computer region is set to Canada. I tried to switch to the US temporarily and restarted the application and a couple that I tried pulled the dates okay. Obviously I don't want to change my region every time that I start the application.

Also the other whois information like owner, registrar, etc is rarely picked up correctly, but when I manually set the correct value, it is overwritten the next time I refresh the whois for updated dates. Is there the ability to lock the fields, or should I just set up custom fields for these things?

If you could give me some examples of some domains that are giving you problems I can look into this issue for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users