Photo

Crash When Accesing Ntfs System By Mac Os X.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Tony Kwok

Tony Kwok

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm currently running the Mac OS X, Snow Leopard (10.6.1) on my Macbook Air. I bought the Rage Macintosh Explorer as I liked this software.
However when I access a folder that contain lots of medias (avi files for example), the Macintosh Explorer crashes. Giving some kind of
kernel error.

This error can be easily reproduced by accessing same folder on the NTFS media and when I cut & paste files in NTFS system as well.

I currently have full version of Tuxera NTFS kernel driver system for me to allow work on NTFS system while on the "Mac", modify files on NTFS system (i.e. the "windows" origin external HDD). Using mac's default "Finder" doesn't have the same issues as the macintosh explorer.

The macintosh explorer I currently have is the latest version, 4.5

I currently have the pcTools iAntivirus running on the background. I also have the Parallels Desktop 4.0 with windows XP Sp3 set as virtual drive not using the "bootCamp".

The error occurs when I access certain folders or copying, cut and pasting files on the NTFS based external HDD connected via an USB 2.0 Hub.

Please let me know whether this error is unique to me or is it caused by accessing the NTFS system over the mac system.

Many thanks & Regards,
Tony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users