#1 WebspaceWorks

WebspaceWorks

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi,

I'd love to see the ability to schedule domain scans on a fixed regular interval without having to worry about manually invoking them... Of course, if this could be even if domainer isn't running at the time the schedule falls due it would be even better.

Even without that it would be great to be able to track domain performance over time by accessing a stored history of things like inbound links, pagerank, alexa and so on...

Domainer captures snapshots, but only the latest one seems to be retrievable. Are they all stored and only the last accessible, or is only a single instance stored for each domain, and then over-written at the next run? An archive of previous runs for each domain would be useful.

Cheers

Rob

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Hi,

I'd love to see the ability to schedule domain scans on a fixed regular interval without having to worry about manually invoking them... Of course, if this could be even if domainer isn't running at the time the schedule falls due it would be even better.

Even without that it would be great to be able to track domain performance over time by accessing a stored history of things like inbound links, pagerank, alexa and so on...

Domainer captures snapshots, but only the latest one seems to be retrievable. Are they all stored and only the last accessible, or is only a single instance stored for each domain, and then over-written at the next run? An archive of previous runs for each domain would be useful.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your suggestions. We are evaluating these features for the next release.

#3 Paul Reading

Paul Reading

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

I would like to echo these requests. I would also add that to update the domains I have to select all and then hit the update button. When I have done so I do not have any way of seeing the progress, it would be nice of you cold add the spinny thing that appears when you click send and receive on Apples Mail programme.

It is also difficult to see who is rising and falling as it all happens so fast. Personally I suspect that there are minor differences on a dilly basis. I suggest that each time the domain is updated you keep a record of the rank in a flat file. Then when you click on the domain you could then show a graph in the preview window of the change over time.

As the web is getting bigger all web sites can expect on average to move down, however with the data it should be possible to plot one domain against another to see the relative performance. EG plot you against a competitor to see if they are rising or falling faster than your domain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users