9 replies to this topic

#1 jamiedh87

jamiedh87

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hi when I insert header tag in title of my site using the code and pubklish it ,it still shows as the code on the top of the website when open,I am following instructions whats the best way to add header tags please

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hi Jamie,

Are you for sure following the instructions properly? I just tried this out myself, and it worked perfectly. After you add the code in iWeb, make sure you save and publish to a local folder (or upload to iDisk.) Then open iWeb SEO Tool, load your site from wherever you saved it on your hard drive (or from iDisk) and then click on the "Convert Header Tags in Textboxes..." button. Then publish your site.

Try this process one more time. If this still doesn't work for you, I would send iWeb SEO Tool to the trash, and re-download the application again.

Let me know if that works.

#3 jamiedh87

jamiedh87

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

sorry still not working,can someone give me a step by step guide thanks

Edited by jamiedh87, 11 February 2010 - 12:49 PM.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

See;

http://allaboutiweb.com/index.php/2010/02/how-to-do-header-tags-in-iweb-the-easy-way/

#5 jamiedh87

jamiedh87

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

tried that before

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

tried that before

Hi,

Well besides that step by step guide we also discuss how to do this in our SEO for iWeb Walkthrough Video.

But besides that, it should be working it you follow the instructions exactly on All About iWeb.

#7 jordi22

jordi22

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

I am having the same problem. when I publish it to the internet it still shows the <h1> next to the page header. Tried several times to fix it but it still won't work.

#8 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Are you guys for sure putting the code in properly? Remember, you must close your HTML tags with the </h1>

When you click the box for Converting header tags, are you making sure that you are pressing the apply button?

#9 psychotherapist/ webmaster

psychotherapist/ webmaster

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

Hi there,

I've just followed the step-by-step instructions from the video and successfully installed the header tags on my site, in the sense that indeed the HTML code becomes invisible, and all that is visible is the tag itself. However, when I look in my code to see the actual header tag, I don't see it anywhere. I may not be looking in the right place. Can someone direct me as to where to look for it to make sure it is visible to search engines?

Another possibly related question is, I didn't use the header tage as an actual visible header on my page. I put in it keywords that aren't necessarily god headers for my users. So, I put the header tag in small font in the bottom corner of my page. Does that make it less prominent for search engines? Does the header tag have to be in the "head" of the page to read as such? I'd appreciate any clarification on this matter.

My site is: www.NaomiAzrielPsychotherapy.com

Thank you, and very grateful for your software-

Naomi Azriel

#10 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hi there,

I've just followed the step-by-step instructions from the video and successfully installed the header tags on my site, in the sense that indeed the HTML code becomes invisible, and all that is visible is the tag itself. However, when I look in my code to see the actual header tag, I don't see it anywhere. I may not be looking in the right place. Can someone direct me as to where to look for it to make sure it is visible to search engines?

Another possibly related question is, I didn't use the header tage as an actual visible header on my page. I put in it keywords that aren't necessarily god headers for my users. So, I put the header tag in small font in the bottom corner of my page. Does that make it less prominent for search engines? Does the header tag have to be in the "head" of the page to read as such? I'd appreciate any clarification on this matter.

My site is: www.NaomiAzrielPsychotherapy.com

Thank you, and very grateful for your software-

Naomi Azriel

Hi Naomi,

Yes, I was able to see your header tags in the code. When viewing the source, just press command+F and type in h1 and you should be able to see it.

As for where you put it, I would say the bottom of the page is not a very prominent place to put it. Although I don't know if search engines could detect it, I would consider that a sneaky way to include a header tag so my recommendation would be to remove it from the footer, and put it in a more appropriate place on your website. Somewhere where it actually makes sense for your users.

Here is an example of what you could do;

You could put the h1 tag of Oakland Psychotherapy right below the image, followed by Depth Psychotherapy for Individuals and Couples
as an h2. Or you could put the h1 right above the image. Just a thought. But I would avoid having it in your footer. Like I said earlier, it just seems sneaky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users