#1 mood10

mood10

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hi all.

Using Rage SEO to input some keywords into my iweb site...

I notice on the instructions supplied when inputing keywords the words...red widget, green widget, yellow widget are used....

Does this mean that for my site...for the home page for example my keywords read...

bristol builder, bristol property maintenance, bristol refurbishment etc etc is it necessary to repeat the location 'bristol' with every keyword? or will writing it once allow for all combinations?

also how many keywords can you write in a row before a comma?
and how many in total can you input?
and should most important keywords be entered first or does it not matter?
and one more thing all this data i'm adding can it all be amended at a later date, how long do search engines take to register changes?

thanks

Aaron

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi all.

I notice on the instructions supplied when inputing keywords the words...red widget, green widget, yellow widget are used....

Does this mean that for my site...for the home page for example my keywords read...

bristol builder, bristol property maintenance, bristol refurbishment etc etc is it necessary to repeat the location 'bristol' with every keyword? or will writing it once allow for all combinations?

and one more thing all this data i'm adding can it all be amended at a later date, how long do search engines take to register changes?

thanks

Aaron

Meta keywords are not used much by search engine anymore these days. Please see our SEO for iWeb Walkthrough Video which will answer all your questions regarding SEO and iWeb;

http://www.ragesw.com/educate.php

#3 mood10

mood10

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hi all.

thanks

Aaron

Thanks I checked the videos...but keyword entry is still not clear...is it necessary to repeat words? e.g the word Bristol...Bristol builder, bristol property maintenance, bristol maintenance...or can I just type bristol once and this will allow for all combinations?

and how many words can you write before a comma?

thanks

Aaron

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Bristol builder, bristol property maintenance, bristol maintenance etc. are all treated as separate key-terms, so if your site wanted to target all three of those terms, you would want to have each of them showing prominently somewhere on your site.

Your key-terms can be as long as you want them to be. They can be 1 one word long, or they can be 100 words long. It's up to you what you want to target.

#5 mood10

mood10

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Jeremy for clearing that up.

#6 MichaelQ

MichaelQ

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

is it necessary to repeat the location 'bristol' with every keyword? or will writing it once allow for all combinations?

Use Bristol in combination with other words to make keyphrases rather than keywords. Bristol by itself is useless, those other ones are excellent. Don't use a Keyword more than 5 times though. But consider variations too - cleaner / cleaners.

Each keyword / phrase should be separated by a comma.

No more than 500 characters, most will cut off after the first 20 phrases.

Important ones first.

A week to a month depending on how much Google checks your site.

As mentioned elsewhere - Google in particular says it ignores keywords. Title and Description tags are much more important. Even more important is decent content on your page. But I still believe a decent keyword list with the top 5-10 keyword phrases for each page make a small difference.

As with Titles and Descriptions, Keyword lists should be different and appropriate for each page of your site. Having one Tag the same throughout your site will get you marked down. Having a specific Title, Description and small Keyword list for each page - reflecting the content on that page, will get you big marks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users