9 replies to this topic

#1 UitJe

UitJe

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Recently, I downloaded version 3.0 of Webdesign. Since then, I cannot insert images anymore. When I click the image icon and in "URL" I go to the directory with all images, these are all greyed out. All images have an extension which is either .jpg or .gif. Neither can be selected...

From the support desk I got the suggestion to remove the plist file. That, did not solve the question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

Recently, I downloaded version 3.0 of Webdesign. Since then, I cannot insert images anymore. When I click the image icon and in "URL" I go to the directory with all images, these are all greyed out. All images have an extension which is either .jpg or .gif. Neither can be selected...

From the support desk I got the suggestion to remove the plist file. That, did not solve the question.

Can you please show me a screenshot of what you see?

#3 Andy

Andy

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:49 AM

#4 Andy

Andy

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

Hello

I have the same problem.
Remove the plist file gives no solution of the insert problem

Greetings

André

ON4VM

#5 UitJe

UitJe

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hi Paul,
Via mail you received a couple of screenshots by now.
Pity I haven't heard any more suggestions since.

By the way. I found that the problem is not only with pictures. I cannot insert links either: in the selection window, all .htm and .html files are greyed out as well...
I would include a picture if only I found out how to add one to these messages. Again, via mail I sent you a screenshot.

Arjen

#6 UitJe

UitJe

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:59 AM

Hi Paul,

By the way. I found that the problem is not only with pictures. I cannot insert links either: in the selection window, all .htm and .html files are greyed out as well...
I would include a picture if only I found out how to add one to these messages. Again, via mail I sent you a screenshot.

Arjen

Via mail I received your suggestion to try the new beta version. Also via mail, I replied that also with the beta version I have the same problems (with both images and links). Got no reply from you since?

Anyone else suggestions?
Or should I maybe give up on Webdesign and just simply move to IWeb...?

Arjen

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hi Paul,

Arjen

Via mail I received your suggestion to try the new beta version. Also via mail, I replied that also with the beta version I have the same problems (with both images and links). Got no reply from you since?

Anyone else suggestions?
Or should I maybe give up on Webdesign and just simply move to IWeb...?

Arjen

I'm sorry, but I don't know why you cannot access images this way. I cannot reproduce this problem.

You can insert images many other ways including using the Site Manager and auto complete, dropping an image file on the editor or using the Site Manager and the Insert Image button in the sub toolbar.

When I say use the Site Manager I mean have your website opened in it so Auto complete and the subtoolbar button recognize it and all the image files in your site folder.

#8 Steven Kettle

Steven Kettle

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

#9 Steven Kettle

Steven Kettle

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

I have the same problem but have found a work around not a fix but it helps.
insert image as normal click on thedirectory search button (3dots) find the image you want to insert REMEMBER the URL go back to the first screen enter the URL manually click OK. It Works.

Im working on a theory the Webdesign cant see files dropped into the directory after it has created it. Only a theory will let you know.

Edited by Steven Kettle, 11 August 2010 - 05:02 AM.

#10 UitJe

UitJe

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

I am still not able to normally include images... (anyone know if a solution to this has been found in the past year?)
But now I am also looking for how to use thumbnails that link to the full image. Anyone?

Arjen

I have the same problem but have found a work around not a fix but it helps.
insert image as normal click on thedirectory search button (3dots) find the image you want to insert REMEMBER the URL go back to the first screen enter the URL manually click OK. It Works.

Im working on a theory the Webdesign cant see files dropped into the directory after it has created it. Only a theory will let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users