4 replies to this topic

#1 stclairs

stclairs

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

I bought WebCrusher this morning and used it to optimize my iWeb site (www.stclairsullivan.com). I first published the site from iWeb to a folder and then ran the folder thru WebCrusher. The WebCrusher Optimization report indicated that load time and display time would be increased 40-50%. In the last step I chose Publish to my Mobile Me account and a little window with a crawl appeared indicating that that was happening.

Oddly, when I visited the site on my browser it seemed to load slower than before I used WebCrusher, definitely not 40-50% faster. So I checked the site files in my MobilMe account, and these all indicated that they were last changed on 5/16/10 when I last published the site from iWeb. They had not been changed today, 5/18/10.

What has happened? Are the optimized pages now in iWeb? In the iWeb menu the names of the site and the individual pages appear in red, indicating that they have not been published (published pages and site appear in blue, and the site had previously been published to my MobileMe account and appeared in blue). Or do I need to transfer the optimized site somehow from the folder where it is saved (titled Rage WebCrusher in Documents) into iWeb and then republish it from iWeb? How can I get the optimized pages published to MobileMe?

Any help will be appreciated.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Your optimized site was not published. Try publishing it again from WebCrusher.

If you go back into iWeb and publish from iWeb, the optimized site will be overwritten, and you will need to run the optimization once more.

#3 stclairs

stclairs

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

Your optimized site was not published. Try publishing it again from WebCrusher.

If you go back into iWeb and publish from iWeb, the optimized site will be overwritten, and you will need to run the optimization once more.

Thanks for your help. I republished for WebCrusher and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks.

#4 BirdyL1982

BirdyL1982

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

As far as I know, for the past year, iWeb no longer allows you to publish directly to your site. You need to save to your computer and then FTP manually.

Why? So they can upsell their own hosting at a cost which does allow you to Publish directly to said account.

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

This is not true. iWeb 08 and earlier allow you to publish to MobileMe (now discontinued) and to a local folder. iWeb 09 allows you to publish to FTP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users