5 replies to this topic

#1 dman

dman

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hi, I just purchased a license for Macintosh Explorer and really love it. To me it is a more natural file browsing interface than the Finder.

I have two feature requests though, and if these capabilities are already there, then I apologize...

1) The ability to right click on a tree node the left pane, or in the 'white space' of the right pane, and create a new folder. This is basically adding a "New Folder" option to the right click context menu.

2) The ability to right click on a folder and open a terminal session there. This is equivalent to the "Command Prompt Here" power toy for MS Windows Explorer. The ability to launch a terminal window with its working directory set to the path that I clicked in Mac Explorer would be a huge time saver.

I apologize is this is not the appropriate place to request new features. If there is an issue tracking system or formal procedure I would be happy to follow it.

Thanks,
-- Damien

#2 wchp

wchp

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

I second this request.
Just downloaded the trial and the right click, new folder is a deal breaker for me.
If I am mousing around, I don't want to have to go back to the keyboard.

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

I second this request.
Just downloaded the trial and the right click, new folder is a deal breaker for me.

Added for the next release (5.2).

#4 chesterbr

chesterbr

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

I second this request.

Added for the next release (5.2).

I was going to suggest that. Question: When will 5.2 become available? This message is 10 monhts old... any betas or anything?

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

5.2 will be released very very soon. Just finishing up some last minute things.

#6 Sunlion

Sunlion

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

At first I have to say I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope, you will understand, what I mean. Here my requests:
1. The border between left and right windows can be moved. But the ME should remember the position when he is closed and started again. Otherwise I must re-adjust the border anytime when restarting the program.
2. The ME should remember the view-preferences of every folder. Image-folders I need with thumbnails, text-folders I need as a list. And I don't wanna switch any time I change the folder. That is a basic function of the Windows Explorer.
3. I would like to have the user interface in my own language. I understand, it would be hard to translate the software into other languages. But there is an easy solution for that problem: Just let the internet community translate it! Take a look at Xnview (www.xnview.com), that is an image viewer. I don't know, how it works, but I think, there is a file with the commands in the original language in a text format. And the translators just make a copy of that file (for example "english.lan" --> "french.lan" and translates the commands. In the Software you can select another language file then.
4. The line height between folders and files should be a little bit higher, than it would be easier to read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users