#1 Petezzz

Petezzz

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

I created a site in iWeb 2.04.
I am using Mac OSX 10.6.4 and Webcrusher 1.8.
I publish to a folder on my desktop then drag the folder to WC. It says I saved 5.8 Mb.
I hit EXPORT in Webcrusher, select iDisk, and it says it is uploading to my iDisk
Then it says I have successfully published my optimized site to Mobile Me.
However when I look at the site in Safari it is not the optimized version.
I know because I made some alterations to the site and they are not there.

Any suggestions please?
thanks
Pete

Edited by Petezzz, 14 October 2010 - 05:56 AM.

#2 officiallyforeign

officiallyforeign

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

I am having several problems.  

1.  It published fine when I used it the first time.  When I did it again it only changed the modified files - it would not publish to mobile me.  Am I supposed to first publish it to mobile me through iweb then run it through the optimizer and publish through webcrusher?  
2.  My second issue is the speed.  For it to publish the modified pages it takes about 4-6 hours!!  Is this normal?  
3.  Have you considered a user guide - I'm very much an amateur at this and found everything about the webcrusher experience very difficult and I was forever going to your forum boards and google to figure out what I'm supposed to do.  Would be extremely helpful if I could have all the information needed to use the product in one place.

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

I am having several problems.

1. It published fine when I used it the first time. When I did it again it only changed the modified files - it would not publish to mobile me. Am I supposed to first publish it to mobile me through iweb then run it through the optimizer and publish through webcrusher?
2. My second issue is the speed. For it to publish the modified pages it takes about 4-6 hours!! Is this normal?
3. Have you considered a user guide - I'm very much an amateur at this and found everything about the webcrusher experience very difficult and I was forever going to your forum boards and google to figure out what I'm supposed to do. Would be extremely helpful if I could have all the information needed to use the product in one place.

HI,

1. You don't have to publish to MobileMe with iWeb, just with WebCrusher. Can you please tell me what happened when you tried publishing to MobileMe?

2. No, it should not take 4-6 hours. This is a long time. How big is your website?

3. There is a user guide under the Help menu which is at the top of your screen when WebCrusher is in the foreground.

@Petezzz: Please ensure you have the latest version (1.8.1).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users