4 replies to this topic

#1 rizulee

rizulee

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

I have just had my website webcrushed and published to iDisk.

1. WHERE IS MY SITE NOW? Is it on my iWeb application, or in the local folder?

2. If I make a minor change to my site on iWeb, should I save it to local folder again and run it through webcrusher?

3. In sum, after webcrushing, and publishing to iDisk, where does my site reside, in the local folder or on iWeb.

Thanks

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

Your optimized website folder is located in Documents > RAGE WebCrusher

If you update your site in iWeb, publish it to a local folder, and run it through WebCrusher again. The newly updated site folder will then be in the same location again.

#3 rizulee

rizulee

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

1. Thanks.

2. I am still trying to wrap my mind around this.
_____
So,
1. I make a site on iWeb.
2. I save it to a folder.
3. Webcrusher optimizes it, and publishes it to iDisk.
4. The original site that I made on iWeb is no longer connected to the internet.
5. When I make further changes to my site on iWeb, I am making changes to the old, un-optimized site?
6. Therefore, every subsequent time I make changes to my site on iWeb, the old site with all its imperfections, is run through Webcrusher again?

Thanks.

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

You are correct. I just want to change the wording of the last step so that there is no confusion.

"6. Therefore, every subsequent time I make changes to my site on iWeb, the old site with all its imperfections, is run through Webcrusher again?"

Every time you make changes to your site in iWeb, you must publish these changes to a local folder, and run it through WebCrusher again.

You can look at it as the old site, but essentially it's the new site as well, because it is your most recently updated version of your site. It just does not contain the optimizations from WebCrusher.

#5 rizulee

rizulee

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thank you very much, I think I got it.

The result is that, there is much redundancy every time webcrusher optimizes my site.

ALL the old imperfections are AGAIN perfected EVERY time it is webcrushed.

That is a lot of duplication, but nobody is sweating in a sweatshop, so no downside. Only takes long?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users