#1 Chik

Chik

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

HI Jeremy,

What is the best method of adding H1 and H2 header tags in iWeb SEO Tool? Can this be done for each individual web page?

Thank you.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Hi,

The best way is to add the HTML code into a Text Box, publish site to local folder, load in iWeb SEO Tool, and press the Convert HTML in Text Boxes option, press the Re-Apply Saved Tags button, and publish the site.

#3 SWI

SWI

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi Jeremy,

I have followed your advice but all I get is text containing the h1 coding.

<h1>wooden toy box</h1>

as

You can be sure that when purchasing an SWI plus <h1>wooden toy box</h1>, you are purchasing the safest toy box on the market.

Is there something I'm missing?

http://www.solidwoodtoybox.co.uk

Edited by SWI, 29 June 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

If you followed the instructions above perfectly, then the only other cause would be not publishing the site correctly.

Also, I visited the site, but I was unable to see any h1's. Did you take it away?

#5 SWI

SWI

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

If you followed the instructions above perfectly, then the only other cause would be not publishing the site correctly.

Also, I visited the site, but I was unable to see any h1's. Did you take it away?

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for looking, unfortunately i had to remove it due to the site hits. I did find out what went wrong - some of the text were in a non web standard font and so had been converted to an image through the addition of a slight shadow to ensure it displayed in IE. I did not realise that this would affect the rest of the text in the text box.

However - whilst the h1 bits did indeed disappear I had a rather strange font and size emerge.

Is there any way I can control the font, size & style?

thanks

Paul

#6 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

Yes, it is possible. You can add a bit of CSS to your code and change it to be the way you want it to look.

Here is some code that you can use to work with: <h1 style="font-name:'verdana';font-size:15px">hello</h1>

#7 Suzie

Suzie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

Jeremy,
I am having the same problem with exploding font sizes. Using iweb, Godaddy is hosting......My process....In iweb, in a tex box, I have the h1 code with a bit of CSS as you mention above, publish to folder, open in iweb SEO, apply to entire site, publish....Large Font. I have dumped the website folder, republished to local folder...same problem. I published to local folder, used Fetch FTP without any header tags, just to clear any problems so I can start from scratch. Go back and add the H1 code in iweb, etc...follow all steps again...large font! The font is suppose to be verdana 18. Well that is not the case on my home page or the video pages. I have removed header codes from the other pages because I am too frustrated to deal with it. My Title tags are working. I have not added Meta tags because I can't get past this header issue which is driving me crazy!!!!
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Susan
http://www.hookedonproductions.com

#8 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi Susan,

Those headers look normal to me. It appears to be Verdana 18.

#9 Suzie

Suzie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

The words...Wedding and Sport Fishing Videography in Stuart, Florida....are WAY to big. I put Verdana13px in now, just incase that really was verdana 18....It's still huge, not centered and I do not want that font, that font showing is not verdana! Something is not right...Help???
Thank you,
Susan

#10 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

Can you try making the v in verdana lowercase as opposed to uppercase.

#11 Suzie

Suzie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

Well I have messed with the header tags a gazillion times! To no avail! I used verdana (lower case v) didn't work. I tried using comic sans (which is what I would like) didn't work. I tried a different code from another site..nope. It always comes out large, black and not centered. So I removed all the header tags. So...is there a solution? It seems to be a problem that others have as well. Thanks for your help. I hope to hear more suggestions/solutions...

#12 nicketlareriksen

nicketlareriksen

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

Hi Rage,

I have just launched my site www.mentorix.dk - and I have some experience with HTML. I much prefer to work in iWeb as it is so intuitive and fast. However, expecting to use the <h1> conversion (without testing it first) I finished my site and put a lot of work in it. The Tag conversion really throws the design and trying all your suggestions above - I get very poor results. Can you make another suggestion to apply to tags that actually works or have you thought about including a "style" tag in the SEO tool so that h1-h6 can be set there, overruling and thus giving you control of the conversion, so that it actually works. Right now I don't know what to do...get huge white space and irrational style changes later in text.

#13 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

Could you show us examples of what the site looks like in iWeb, and then what it looks like after you have published it through iWeb SEO Tool. You can send us a support ticket about this if you'd like;

http://www.ragesw.co...ckets&_a=submit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users