3 replies to this topic

#1 osaka

osaka

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:43 AM

I'm reading that a blog will add points for search engines. Indeed, a brief blog attached to one of my sites makes great sense. I could use the blog page associated with the iWeb template or I could go with one of the freebies out there (blogspot). Recommendations? advantages/disadvantages?
Thanks
Osaka

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

I would recommend using Wordpress. I find it to be one of the best blogging platforms, and it's really good for SEO. If you are a RAGE Web Hosting customer, you can install it with just a few clicks.

#3 osaka

osaka

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

I would recommend using Wordpress. I find it to be one of the best blogging platforms, and it's really good for SEO. If you are a RAGE Web Hosting customer, you can install it with just a few clicks.

Thank you, So the blog is a separate entity from the IWeb and in some way the iWeb site connects with the Wordpress site...

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

If you are using one of the blogging platforms mentioned, then yes, it would be separate. You would just need to link to it on your iWeb site so that it appears to be apart of your entire website. You could place a text link to it in your navigation menu.

If you use RAGE Web Hosting, you can easily setup a Wordpress blog so that your blogs URL can be something like www.mydomain.com/blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users