7 replies to this topic

#1 packdad

packdad

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

iWeb SEO Tool worked well for me for years, but only lately have I encountered problems.

I publish my site to MobileMe. I now find that in iWeb SEO Tool, when I load my site from iDisk, none of my saved tags appear. All of the boxes are empty. (I had saved analytics code and title tags.) Re-entering the tags and re-applying them doesn't help, because those boxes remain empty. The site is up and updating properly using iWeb, but no more tags.

Any thoughts?

#2 packdad

packdad

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Here are a few more details. . . .

I'm using the latest versions of both iWeb and iWeb SEO Tool.

I notice that my whole website is only 1.4MB on iDisk, and that my iWeb SEO Tool "Application Support" file is only 8KB. Those both seem awfully small. Is something wrong there?

In iWeb SEO Tool, when I click on the triangle next to a "_files" item, it doesn't reveal any files as included. That also seems strange.

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

Every iWeb site gets a unique ID that iWeb SEO Tool uses to keep track of which website is which. If iWeb changes this ID, which it shouldn't, you will lose your data.

Your data is still in iWeb SEO Tool, but because the ID for your site has changed for some reason, the data can't be accessed.

Can you try entering some of your tags again for this site and then letting me know if the tags are remembered? If they are, we can move forward and probably get your old tags back.

#4 packdad

packdad

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for your help on this.

As you suggested, I entered, applied and saved tags (I tried Google Analytics code, and a Title Tag), and they still don't "stick." Not only are they not applied to my website, but they don't even remain in the boxes in iWeb SEO Tool. In fact, if I enter Google Analytics code in the "Site Settings/head code" box and click "Apply to Entire Site," the code disappears from the box even while the blue progress bar is still making its across.

(I would attach a screen shot, but I can't seem to locate an "Attach" option here.)

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

This is Craig right? If so, see response in your support ticket.

#6 packdad

packdad

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

No, this isn't Craig. This is Paul. But I'd love to see the response you sent him!

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

Sorry, could I get you to re-download the application one more time and see if that works. There was a recent update.

http://www.ragesw.co...b-seo-tool.html

#8 packdad

packdad

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

Well, that seems to have done it. Thanks so much! This is a big help.

Here's hoping this means a happy ending for Craig too . . . though I have no idea who Craig is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users