8 replies to this topic

#1 harriswelles

harriswelles

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I've found that running an iWeb site through WebCrusher causes major problems in Internet Explorer 9 on PCs running Windows 7. On Macs and other browsers, everything seems to be OK - and I like the smaller site size that WebCrusher can produce. However, since there are many people using that combination, a fix needs to be devised before using WebCrusher with iWeb.

Problems include: Albums do not show up, thumbnails on photo pages do not show up, and photos in Slideshows do not show up.

The support department continues to tell me they cannot reproduce the problem. But in my tests of sites posted side-by-side (with and without WebCrusher) a number of people found the same results - the WebCrushed sites were "broken" when using IE9.

I'd like to think this can be fixed ... but after weeks of back & forth with support, nothing.

hw

OS X 10.6.8
iWeb 3.0.4
WebCrusher 2.1.1

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Harris,

As I told you we are working on a fix. We sent you something on October 25 and didn't hear back until Nov 2. Don't worry we will get this fixed, but we have been responding to you and we have been working on a fix, so something has happened. Sometimes software issues can be hard to narrow down. We have reproduced the problem and we will contact you soon with a solution.

#3 harriswelles

harriswelles

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Thanks Paul. Glad to know you were finally able to reproduce the problem. I look forward to being able to use WebCrusher - it really does work to compact iWeb sites.

#4 jonm

jonm

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

In IE 9 I saw black squares covering text that had 80% opacity after running WebCrusher and uploading ftp. (It looked all right in earlier versions of IE.) OK, this is may be covered by your warnings about shades and reflections in the instruction video, but I didn't see it when I uploaded directly from iWeb / iWeb SEO Tool.

WebCrusher's IE Optimization fixed problems with text layout in IE 8, but still the text layouts in IE 6 and 7 were terrible.

Generally, I observed that after running WebCrusher, all colours in my site got a shade darker in all browsers tested. In images, this may sometimes be critical.

OS X 10.6.8
iWeb 3.0.4
WebCrusher 2.1.1

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi,

Can you try this version of WebCrusher and see if it fixes these problems
;

Edited by RageSW, 21 January 2012 - 06:52 PM.
link expired

#6 marcovitsch

marcovitsch

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

First, i really like your softwares. It always worked perfectly until now.

I used iWeb to build and maintain this Website: www.wanderwäg.ch

My Problem:

On Firefox, Safari and Chrome it works fine. But on the Internet Explorer it just doesn't show
some (a lot) Objects i placed.

A few Months ago WebCrusher solved this Problem but lately it doesn't work anymore.

(In Preferences of WebCrusher i already checked the "improve for IE comp..." Box)

Can you help me?

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Switzerland.

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

Can you please email our support department regarding this issue. It is always best to provide us with screenshots of what you are referring to (ie, send us the screenshots of how you see your site in Internet Explorer).

#8 marcovitsch

marcovitsch

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

okay it looks like this on mac-safari, mac-firefox, mac-chrome, pc-firefox, pc-chrome:

Posted Image

And on the PC-Internet Explorer it looks like that:

Posted Image

What E-Mail do i have to send this Issue to?

Thanks and regards

#9 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

You can submit a support ticket to us at;

http://www.ragesw.com/support/

Which version of IE is that? Sometimes, older versions will not display the sites correctly, whereas newer versions do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users