#1 pianomom

pianomom

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi,

Eager to get my web site to appear in search engines, I found your Rage SEO software (which, BTW, shows up at the top of every search!)

I watched several video tutorials, and followed all instructions to the tee. Everything seems to work fine, and the site uploaded on first try. When testing my site, everything appears in order. Even the site name appeared correctly in the browser tab, so I figured the changes I made applied.

I went right to my Google analytics account to see if there were any changes, but Google still gives me the message that no code is detected on my web site. So I opened my site and checked the "view page source" option, and found that the Google analytics code is not there. I don't know where the meta tags would appear, so I didn't look for those, but I will guess that they are not there either.

Since my main goal in using this software is for the search optimization, I am a bit disappointed that this didn't work. It was so easy to use and I would be thrilled to no end if there is a simple solution for this. Thank you!

Julie
pianomomsheetmusic.com
or...
http://www.pianomoms...music/Home.html

#2 pianomom

pianomom

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

I want to add that I just changed something. In the path directory, I initially left it blank, with only a "/" there. This is because my initial test when I hit "browse" showed all my files to the left, so according to the tutorial, I thought this was sufficient. However, I decided to go back and add my site name in the path directory, since the tutorial also mentioned that this may help. So I did that, and the site loaded and works just the same as it did before. However, NOW I am able to see the Google analytics code in the HTML source. Whew!

Now I will go to my Google dashboard and see if they recognize it.

How do I know if my meta tags are working? Where would I see them?

Julie

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi Julie,

You can also look at the source code on your site and search for 'keywords' and 'description'.

Also, you should use SERank to see where your site ranks for those keywords that you are targeting. This will give you a better idea if your SEO efforts are working.

http://www.ragesw.co...ngine-rank.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users