6 replies to this topic

#1 printmkr

printmkr

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

I looked all through the help and the manual, but could not find any mention of the "shelf". What exactly is it and how does one use it? Thanks for any help. Great product by the way... Have a bunch of windows boxes and now a few macs, and this product is a real help to get over the Mac finder.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

When you first launch Macintosh Explorer you should see the words

'Drag and drop files here to add them to your shelf'

Right below the path field at the top of each Explorer window. If you do not see this go to the View menu -> Shelf Size and make sure it is not on 'Hide'.

Now you can add files and folders to your shelf to access them quickly. It is like the dock, but more convenient since it is built right into the Explorer window.

If you add a folder you can click and hold and its contents will be listed. From here you can easily navigate to sub folders.

#3 printmkr

printmkr

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:37 PM

Ah, thanks for the quick reply. It is indeed a cool feature. Too bad it would do "sub folders" though... I was hoping to put my "Applications" folder there, and using it as an app launcher, but it appears to only go down one folder level (I have my apps grouped in their own subfolders). Thanks for the info!

When you first launch Macintosh Explorer you should see the words

'Drag and drop files here to add them to your shelf'

Right below the path field at the top of each Explorer window. If you do not see this go to the View menu -> Shelf Size and make sure it is not on 'Hide'.

Now you can add files and folders to your shelf to access them quickly. It is like the dock, but more convenient since it is built right into the Explorer window.

If you add a folder you can click and hold and its contents will be listed. From here you can easily navigate to sub folders.

#4 Damien

Damien

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

Can the shelf be used to store files that you are moving? Say I have a group of 5 video files could I drop them there navigate to a ddiffernt folder or tab and then drag them out to move them to the new location? Will this oly copy or will it move or is there a choice? Thank You

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

Hi Damien,

What you want to use is the File Banks feature which you can access from the view menu. These let you store a "pile" of files and folders that you can drag around and treat as if they were one file.

#6 Damien

Damien

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

Thank You I will try that out soon. Does this copy or move the files?

Hi Damien,

What you want to use is the File Banks feature which you can access from the view menu. These let you store a "pile" of files and folders that you can drag around and treat as if they were one file.

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Thank You I will try that out soon. Does this copy or move the files?

By default it moves but if you hold option while you drag they will be copied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users