4 replies to this topic

#1 DrBermant

DrBermant

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

I have a massive site with so many images and videos. Is there any way to automate the image or video addition as per google guidelines:

http://support.googl...&answer=80472#4

and

http://googlewebmast...r-sitemaps.html

http://support.googl...n&answer=178636

I bought your software. One of you competators offered a time limited trial. They found some of the videos, but did not have the code in the xml page that places the video / image on the page. On the PC side, several of the programs advertise as part of the program or as add on modules image & or video site map tool components.

I was able to add the videos by adding a .mov, .flv, .wmv etc file name for the search, but I think this is counter productive with the over 10K images videos I have on the main site. Google has already picked up 9,670 images on my site of over 1400 pages. I am hoping that submitting a sitemap will not hurt my number of pages nor images, but improves their finding the missing pages / images or videos. I would also like to be able to tell them what images are thumnails to make the searches more effective (yes, I lable the thumbnails differently so that I can set it up for logic finds.

My question, can you add these modules to the current program or as add on options?

Should I use the extenstions and just include the images / videos as part of the sitemap. Yours did not naturally have them, the other company did have some of the movies. I am confused what to do about these aspects.

Thank you,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Retired Plastic Surgeon

the site I am asking about is my Plastic Surgery Encyclopedia:
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

It is tough to automate gathering images because most images on a website are design elements should not be included in a sitemap. However we are looking at ways we can automate both images and video in the sitemaps.

#3 DrBermant

DrBermant

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

The question is how are your competition performing that task? If they are selling an add on package, then it should be able to be done (as long as their claim is real). Sorry, I have not tried their software and have purchased yours.

My thoughts are to permit the user to provide the image defining methods used in their site. Then use that method to cull the required information Google requests. For instance I have standardized the way images are named on my site with thumbnails having certain attributes. Videos the same way. It is in the file name. For instance find any .jpg file on html page with an alt, or having a css class define by user as an image.

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Retired Plastic Surgeon

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

They are including images they shouldn't be. They also aren't automatically including the extra details for images and videos.

We are looking into adding the ability but without the extra details ( that no app can do automatically for you unless it were a customized app) it isn't going to be a very effective universal site map.

#5 DrBermant

DrBermant

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

I have beta tested software for many decades and was one of the early before ever released Microsoft Word beta testers. If you are looking for someone to work with to evolve software that depends on user input for site specific factors as I have described, let me know. My guess, is that making a product that fits any possible combination on the internet a daunting task. That is why I proposed making the client choose factors that enables the software to better render this type form of submission.

If interested please contact me using my details here or on my site listed in my signature to reach me.

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Retired Plastic Surgeon

Edited by DrBermant, 15 January 2012 - 01:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sitemap, video, image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users