#1 Phil

Phil

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hi Rage

I have used the Sitemap Automator on the following web site http://www.icone.co.uk

But for some reason when it has finished scanning I click the Generate Site Map button and the programme quits, I am not using any filtering. I have also tested it on another ecommerce site we have and it just hangs half way through the scanning. I then checked it on a static site and I was able to create a site map.

Can you help on this matter thanks.

Regards

Phil

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:46 AM

Hi Phil,

If you send an email at http://www.ragesw.com./support/ I will send you a link to a beta version that seems to be able to scan your web site just fine.

#3 wlevins

wlevins

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hi Phil,

If you send an email at http://www.ragesw.com./support/ I will send you a link to a beta version that seems to be able to scan your web site just fine.

I'm having the same problem. Trying to scan http://www.beautylandonline.com - and yes I'm using several filters to excludes lots of redundant links.

It's actually reduced the link count from 80,000 to 366 (yes there's lots of cross links, etc)

But every time I click Generate Site Map - it quites.

Running OS X 10.4.8

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:08 AM

Are you getting any errors when it quits or does it just quit?

The problem with the other users web site was that he had high ascii characters in his URLs. These characters generally include anything other than what you would see on your standard English keyboard such as characters with accents on them. Do you have characters in your web site documents other than a-z, 1-9, -&?

If so, can you remove them? It is probably not a good idea to have them in your URL anyways. We are working on fixing this problem but it is a tough one to narrow down.

#5 wlevins

wlevins

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

Are you getting any errors when it quits or does it just quit?

The problem with the other users web site was that he had high ascii characters in his URLs. These characters generally include anything other than what you would see on your standard English keyboard such as characters with accents on them. Do you have characters in your web site documents other than a-z, 1-9, -&?

If so, can you remove them? It is probably not a good idea to have them in your URL anyways. We are working on fixing this problem but it is a tough one to narrow down.

Yes, but not many. Some of the brand names utilize "." or "<sup>" and "</sup"> around TMs or Register marks. And some contain spaces. And we have "=" signs for our variables (ie id=2)We pass the brand names instead of ID numbers becasue we're basically passing it to our search function and simply displaying matching results.

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:09 AM

Ok, you should be fine with those characters. Can you send me your Sitemaps project file? Its in the same folder as the sitemap.xml file in Documents/RAGE Google Sitemap Automator Maps/

Send it to http://www.ragesw.com/support/ and I will have a look.

#7 wlevins

wlevins

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

Ok, you should be fine with those characters. Can you send me your Sitemaps project file? Its in the same folder as the sitemap.xml file in Documents/RAGE Google Sitemap Automator Maps/

Send it to http://www.ragesw.com/support/ and I will have a look.

I've sent the google map file to your support...but we've also restructured the site to send record ID numbers instead of brand names....I'm running the app right now to see if it works...and if I can actually create the site map this time.

If it fails again, I'll resend the most recent automater file.

#8 RickWangerTX

RickWangerTX

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

Yeah me too.. I have the same exact problem.. I just bought and paid for the full registration.. and each time I run the scan and click on the Generate button the program stops..

Another thing I've also noticed is that it keeps asking me to enter my name and activation code every time I run and quit the program..

Is this some kind of Intel bug or something??

--Rick

Hi Rage

I have used the Sitemap Automator on the following web site http://www.icone.co.uk

But for some reason when it has finished scanning I click the Generate Site Map button and the programme quits, I am not using any filtering. I have also tested it on another ecommerce site we have and it just hangs half way through the scanning. I then checked it on a static site and I was able to create a site map.

Can you help on this matter thanks.

Regards

Phil

#9 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

Rick,

By stop do you mean that it quits or that it just freezes? Do you get an error message?

Send your Sitemap profile to support at the url below. Your profile is in the same folder as your sitemap.xml file in Documents/Google Sitemap Automator Maps/

I will also send you some trouble shooting tips to fix the problem with your registration information not sticking.

#10 RickWangerTX

RickWangerTX

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:14 PM

It Quits.. No error, no nothing.. Just quits..

Rick,

By stop do you mean that it quits or that it just freezes? Do you get an error message?

Send your Sitemap profile to support at the url below. Your profile is in the same folder as your sitemap.xml file in Documents/Google Sitemap Automator Maps/

I will also send you some trouble shooting tips to fix the problem with your registration information not sticking.

I send you the two files in an archived .ZIP file.. you'll notice that the XML was made with Zero bytes...

I also learned that if I run the application again and click on "evaluage" instead of trying to enter my registration key it will go through the whole scan and then allow me to generate the data. I will send another .ZIP over to you for further research..

Thanks,
--Rick

#11 arnj

arnj

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

<Begin quote>

Rick,

<end quote (your quote tags aren't working on this board)>

Same problem as everyone else. I just purchased it - it crashes without any error when clicking "Generate Sitemap". Running on OSX Xserve Tiger. Trying to get a sitemap on home.denveracademy.org.

Edited by arnj, 23 February 2007 - 04:11 PM.

#12 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

OK, I have an idea about why you are getting these errors. I have your project file so I will do some more testing and get back to you.

Sorry for the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users