#1 Chiara

Chiara

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Hi

I have just registered my copy of Sitemap Automater after using the free version for a long time. I did so because I wanted to be able to submit the search engines using the feature in the program.

I have a couple of queries. The first is how long does it take once you have used the Notify Search Engines feature for your sitemap to appear?

I have checked my Bing webmaster account and it says a sitemap has not been submitted since June.  I sent one yesterday.

Also how does the Automater link your sitemap with the webmaster profiles I have set up. I have a Google webmaster account and it does seem to have registered the sitemap I submitted today although for some reason Google has only indexed 25 of the 308 pages that have been submitted.

My next question relates to the sitemap for my ecommerce shop which I have setup with Bigcommerce on the subdomain http://shop.hoobynooworld.co.uk I have created a new profile for this as the files were not picked up in the normal scan of my website but I am unsure how to submit them. Bigcommerce say they automatically create a sitemap for my shop but it doesn't seem to have as many links as the one that site automater lists.

Do you have any advice on how to submit this?

Many Thanks

Chiara

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Sometimes it can take a few days to several weeks for the search engines to re-check the Sitemap. 

There is not really a link between Sitemap Automator and webmaster tools. Users must register with webmaster tools themselves and then let it know where to locate the Sitemap.

Subdomains are treated as separate websites, so make sure you are scanning the subdomain itself and not the main domain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notifying search enginesbing, google, bigcommerce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users