9 replies to this topic

#1 David Josephson

David Josephson

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

Downlaoaded the new MapDesign software, seems simple enough - but I must be doing something wrong. Followed directions, but can not view any interactivity (buttons) when I preview. I have tried just about every combination of settings but nothing seems to work. I am an experienced Mac user, but I must obviously be doing something wrong, or missing something.

I love the concept, and have a sirt ot se it on right now, but do not want to buy full version till I can at least see how it works.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hi David,

Did you select Effects Map from the top bar on the right? Have you added mouse over and mouse down pictures in the inspector's window 'Effects' tab?

Let me know what you have tried and I will see if I can find out why it is working.

#3 David Josephson

David Josephson

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

Hi David,

Did you select Effects Map from the top bar on the right? Have you added mouse over and mouse down pictures in the inspector's window 'Effects' tab?

Let me know what you have tried and I will see if I can find out why it is working.

Yes, I have selected "Effect Maps", but no, I thought that it added a default "shading" over where you wanted the "pop-up) to appear. So you can select and create your own (button) images?

David

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

Hi David,

You would select the rectangle shape and cover the area that you want the effect to appear in. Then open the inspector window and click the 'Effects' tab. Then assign a picture to each user action such as mouse over, mouse down and normal.

Hope this helps, let me know if you get it working.

#5 Winston

Winston

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I'm having trouble following this. If I want to add a button similar to the one that appears in the example "A Beautiful Family Portrait" on your website, do I have to create my own buttons, or is it possible to do that within MapDesign?

Patrick

Edited by Winston, 07 June 2007 - 09:41 AM.

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

You have to create your own buttons and then drag them into MapDesign's Inspector window under the 'Effects' tab.

You can use RAGE ButtonDesign to create buttons as well. Currently the two applications do not work flawlessly together. So for now you would create an HTML button in RAGE ButtonDesign and you will have to do a few tweaks to make a different button for mouse up/mouse down in your favorite graphics program.

The next release of RAGE MapDesign will let you use buttons created with RAGE ButtonDesign without any additional software.

#7 sciman

sciman

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

A suggestion for how one might tweak the output would be helpful.

Edited by sciman, 23 June 2008 - 10:02 AM.

#8 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

What would you like to modify?

#9 sciman

sciman

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

Thanks Paul. I messed around and have been happy with the results.

I drew and effects map on an image with about 20 buttons created with the button maker. I took each button into Photoshop and added 30% lighter as an estimate, saving these for the mouse over state. I then used the standard button for normal and down, and the brightened button for mouseover. Using thickbox, I was able to modify the class of links and for each button on the map, there's an I-frame which shows html with graphics in a layer. In the html I also used lightbox effects for some "floats" such that visitors can click a small image and see a rather full display in a new layer. I copied all the script to the head of the document, and put all the divs into a table on a page which fits the site standards. This allows a left column with icons of alternative maps to bring image maps into a large table cell to the right.

I really like it. Your tools are superb.
http://www.imanfamil...ck/mapstart.htm

Edited by sciman, 24 June 2008 - 10:17 AM.

#10 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

Good Job!

You may want to try saving those buttons as transparent PNGs and exporting your map as a PNG in order to not have the white background for each button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users