#1 Winston

Winston

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:05 PM

Hi,

I designed a button and saved it in PNG format, with a transparenct area. When I import that into MapDesign, it appears where it should, when it should (Mouse Over). However, there is a background color (black) that surrounds the button. I don't understand why that is there, because it is supposed to be a transparent area where this black background rectangle appears. Is there a setting I'm missing that would prevent that from happening?

Patrick

Edited by Winston, 07 June 2007 - 10:06 PM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:43 PM

The current version of MapDesign does not support transparency in PNG's. The reason is because some web browsers (such as IE 6 for windows and in some cases IE 7) do not support this.

That being said we will probably offer this option to users in the next free update.

What you can do now is fake it by putting the section of the picture behind the button, which is what we do now.

#3 Winston

Winston

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

The current version of MapDesign does not support transparency in PNG's. The reason is because some web browsers (such as IE 6 for windows and in some cases IE 7) do not support this.

That being said we will probably offer this option to users in the next free update.

What you can do now is fake it by putting the section of the picture behind the button, which is what we do now.

OK...I'm willing to give that a try, because even though you "fake it" it looks very good - so good, in fact, that I never wold have known it was faked unless you mentioned it - but I don't understand what you mean by "putting the section of the picture behind the button." Could you explain that a bit more? Are you talking about some kind of layering?

Edited by Winston, 08 June 2007 - 06:00 PM.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:16 AM

You would need to use an image editing application or a paint program. You would crop the image to the section you need than place your button over it. Then export it from the graphics/paint program and import it into RAGE MapDesign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users