pandigital

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

Hi - I just purchased this software.
What I want to do is use my hotspot (image map) to

1.) Completely swap the image displayed for another image on mouseover and the replace on mouseout as you would with java script

and / or

2.)Offset the image that is being shown in the image map so that it lines up correctly.

Are either of these possible from within Rage MapDesign ?

Many thanks

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

1) If you want to completely swap the image than you can create a rectangle shape the size of the entire image and set the appropriate images in the effects tab of the inspector window.

2) I am not sure exactly what you are looking for here, but hopefully the first suggestion will provide you with what you are looking for.

#3 pandigital

pandigital

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the reply.

1: To swap the whole image but not have the hotspot on the whole image

2: To clarify - is it possible to have just one image that you use as the roll over image for several hotspots. This image would contain all the roll over images and you would offset it appropriately to show the correct image. This would save on loading time (just loading two images - the original and one with all the roll overs).
And to clarify further - a picture says it so much better :) - http://alistapart.co...ala-blobs2.html
(which uses only 1 image)

Edited by pandigital, 14 June 2007 - 04:12 PM.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

1. Not in the current version, but we will provide access to future javascript events in future versions.

2. We can definitely add an option to combine all mouse over/mouse down images into one large image thought I dont know if this will actually save on bandwidth. The reason is simply that instead of loading smaller images, it will still have to load one big image with the same image data. Perhaps loading the same image only once if it is used in tow places can be added in a future release.

We will be adding an option to preload images using javascript which will make transitions faster for your visitors.

#5 pandigital

pandigital

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

Would it be easy to be able to drag the roll over image around in the application an have Map Design generate the offsetting code : ie

#blob1 a:hover {background: url(blobs.gif) -10px -307px no-repeat;}

?

#6 ctc-designs

ctc-designs

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

Any progress on image swapping? I need to be able to do this. I need a small area of image 1 to trigger image 2 when mouseover. Is this possible or do I need a different program?

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

To replace the entire image 1?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users