Jump to content


Photo

Adding Your Image Maps To Rapidweavers


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 RageSW

RageSW

    Administrator

  • RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:57 PM

We have posted a short video on how to add your Effects based (CSS) image maps, created with RAGE MapDesign to your Rapidweaver web site. You can watch the tutorial video here;

Interactive Image Maps In RapidWeaver

#2 anix

anix

    RAGE Newbie

  • RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

Cool video, very helpful. Thanks!!

#3 t-rex22

t-rex22

    RAGE Newbie

  • RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

When I follow the video instructions all appears to be well (maps work) until I export (i.e., publish) my website the entire image is invisible.

By invisible I mean there is no image on the screen but when I pass the mouse cursor over each hyperlinked item the cursor changes implying that I found a hyperlinked point. The links work, I just cannot see the image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I'm using Rage MapDesign 1.2.2 with RapidWeaver 4.3

#4 RageSW

RageSW

    Administrator

  • RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

You are missing step. The images aren't showing up because the file references to the images are not set properly.

Did you select the "Make image maps RapidWeaver compatible" in the Preferences?

#5 t-rex22

t-rex22

    RAGE Newbie

  • RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

You are missing step. The images aren't showing up because the file references to the images are not set properly.

Did you select the "Make image maps RapidWeaver compatible" in the Preferences?


Thanks for your response! I did as you stated but, as it turns out that was not the problem. I did find the problem, here's my explanation:

First let me better describe my confusion/difficulty with this project. I created a website for a client that had two separate pages of image maps used within the same Block (YourHead). One page worked flawlessly, the other, not so much. The second page did not show the mapped image but when there was a mouse over on a hyperlinked item the cursor changed. Of course, my first thought was that I screwed up something on the second page so, I went back and compared page one to page two to find what was different. Unfortunately, I could not find anything in the code of either page.

After way too many hours of trying I stumbled upon what appears to be the issue. I had noticed during my attempts to find the problem I kept seeing a vague message in the Page Inspector\Header\Meta Tags: "NOTINSITEMAP" but I didn't understand what it meant and assume it was symptom rather than a hint.

Well, eventually I started to explore the Meta Tag message and I finally realized that it was telling me: "NOT_IN_SITEMAP" and it was telling me there was a problem/issue with my actual Site Map (LogHound).

I had, over the course of my experiments, edited the folder and file name of the second image page (failing page) to reflect an intelligible location (standard practice for assigning files). When I re-edited the folder and file name to the defaults ("page66" & "page66.html") the previously failing page worked.

It really seems weird that this should fix my problem because I had each page's display option turned-off in SiteMap. Oh well, cest la vie!

I hope this helps someone else ;)'




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users