#1 Switcher

Switcher

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hi there,

since october last year I am new to the mac community switching from Windows.

I enjoy Mac OS a lot, but for productivity (working as a web developer/code/graphics/koncept) I miss a lot of features in Finder. Coping with files under Mac OS still costs me a lot more time than under Windows/Linux.

ie: I really dont know why cut&paste is such an unknow feature among mac users (many mac-users fear that files could get lost ?!?) ... drag'n'drop is so unefficient in this case ...

Also I really miss the tree-view thats known from Windows and Linux file explorers.

I tried Path Finder thats used by a lot of Maccies in addition to Finder, but it doesnt deliver the features I want.

Today, I stumbled upon your program and must say its the most prommising tool I found until now.

... bla bla bla ... what Id like to say: Im looking forward to a new release!!!
(like a lot of switchers like me propably do)

sincere
Switcher

Edited by Switcher, 09 February 2008 - 11:34 AM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback:)

We are preparing a new release with some great new features!

#3 printmkr

printmkr

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

I enjoy your enthusiasm, but I have to tell you... those of us who purchased this product have been waiting 8 months for... wait for it... not Leopard support, but Universal support! We all think this product is pretty much dead, Of course the official word is "this project is very much alive" but I think Keith Richards gets a new blood transfusion more often than this code gets updated. Which is a shame as i think they have a very good option vs Pathfinder or Forklift. Not everything from Windows was bad.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

The current release is a Universal Binary and works on Leopard. I will see what I can do about getting an update out quickly. We have added some new features. We are actually just working on some graphics and final touches.

Sorry for the delay.

#5 Damien

Damien

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

The current release is a Universal Binary and works on Leopard. I will see what I can do about getting an update out quickly. We have added some new features. We are actually just working on some graphics and final touches.

Sorry for the delay.

Oh this is great news. I have been waiting almost a year for a version of this that will run fast on a MBP. For what ever reason its runs terrible on it. Doesn't matter if it was 10.4 or 10.5. I don't know why but hopefully this is the update I and alot of other people have been waiting for!

#6 wjptucaz

wjptucaz

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

I recently upgraded to OS X Leopard and from that time on Macintosh Explorer has become very unstable. Almost every time I use it, I get the dreaded colored pinwheel and the app quits. Reported to Apple several times, no joy.

Regards,
Bill

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

Hi Bill,

Can you send us the report instead by copying and pasting it into an email to http://www.ragesw.com/support/

We have a beta version that fixes many issues;

http://www.ragedownl...xplorer46b2.zip

Please let me know how this version works for you.

#8 nielsb

nielsb

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

We have a beta version that fixes many issues;

http://www.ragedownl...xplorer46b2.zip

Please let me know how this version works for you.

OK, so I'm not the poster to which this was replied, but I am a paid MacIntosh Explorer user (or rather I was a user until I grew tired of the slowness, etc). I am now running a MacBook Pro with 4 Gig of memory and Leopard 10.5.2.

I do have been coming beck here to see if anything has improved - as I like the layout etc of Macintosh Explorer - and boy was I surprised when I saw the quote above - a beta version. Staff from RageSW has been mentioning beta versions, "coming soon", for months and months - and now finally there is one.

It sounded extra interesting as the post says that many issues have been fixed!!! Well, I was happy until I had installed the "beta". As soon as I had opened the app and tried to change directory in the directory hierarchy it crashed on me. I restarted the app, the same thing happened. I restarted the machine - the same thing happened. Looking at the date of the "beta", it is dated from November last year!! The version still says 4.5.

Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that RageSW has no interest what so ever in delivering a new version of Macintosh Explorer. What irritates me is that they promise, and promise, and promise that a new version are in the works and a beta will be posted soon. Well, when someone slips that there is a beta, it is the same version and half a year old!!

It would be much more honest if RageSW just came out and said that, "sorry, but we cannot deliver on our promises. We won't deliver a new version of Macintosh Explorer".

Niels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users