new2rage's Content

There have been 4 items by new2rage (Search limited from 15-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2982 Webpages Not Detected

Posted by new2rage on 16 February 2009 - 05:07 PM in Sitemap Automator

hi paul-
thank you! thank you! thank you! i had been trying this with the entire redirected url (thru ".html") instead of ending with "/Site/" as you did. it worked perfectly. my sitemap's been created and i'm in the process of notifying search engines. it seems i tried entering every variation of url, except that one.

i appreciate the help.

thanks again!

#2976 Webpages Not Detected

Posted by new2rage on 16 February 2009 - 01:58 AM in Sitemap Automator

i've been having trouble with sitemap automator. when i initially entered my website address, i did so without including the redirected url. sitemap automator read my webpages and eventually gave me a prompt that my sitemap was created and uploaded. when i went to test the sitemap, i got the error 404 message. i've since done a bit more reading thru the boards here and saw that i needed to enter the full url to the redirected site. however, once i did that, sitemap automator no longer reads any of my pages. any thoughts?? my website was created on i-web '08.

#2978 Webpages Not Detected

Posted by new2rage on 16 February 2009 - 12:49 PM in Sitemap Automator

hi-
the website is http://www.hale-o-lani-aloha.com
it should redirect to http://hale-o-lani-aloha.com/Site/Hale_o'Lani_Aloha.html

while testing the link to the redirected site from this post a moment ago, i discovered that it leads to a .mac page saying that my site can't be found. i republished the website yesterday using "publish all to mobile me".

thanks for checking it out.

#2988 Webpages Not Detected

Posted by new2rage on 17 February 2009 - 11:17 PM in Sitemap Automator

You really want to change the file name of your main page. DO NOT include the apostrophe (') in your file name. This will cause lots of additional errors for you and is why that page was not working in Sitemap Automator.

This is the page I am speaking about;
Hale_o’Lani_Aloha.html

thanks for the tip. will i need to redo the sitemap once i change file name?