MichaelQ's Content

There have been 22 items by MichaelQ (Search limited from 29-September 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4662 Reinstalling Serank 2 Upgrade?

Posted by MichaelQ on 21 March 2010 - 01:41 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Firstly thanks for helping with the new S/N - worked fine and I'm now up and running again.

My emails and serial numbers were validating within the software. I was only when it went to validate with the server the problem came back.

My problem was with the procedure of having to register the old S/N first before using the code I had for 2.0. For whatever reason my 1.0 code wouldn't work and so I got stuck. Figure I spent about 4 hours trying to get it working on a Sunday morning. Given my hourly rate it would have been cheaper and easier for me to BUY another full version if I had known that at the start.

An option to download a 1.x version to test the old S/N on would have been great.

Given we need to provide proof to get the 2.0 upgrade serial number when we purchase the upgrade, the program should just accept that code without all the stuffing about with 1.x codes.

Cheers, and thanks again for the help - and an awesome suite of programs.

#4661 Serank - Google Uk And Google Uk (Local)

Posted by MichaelQ on 21 March 2010 - 01:23 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Oh. Well that would be awesome to have. I nearly always do my Google Searches on local sites when I am looking myself.

Would love such an option for Australia (.au) and New Zealand (.nz) if possible.

I'm guessing most regions would like that too.

#4656 Serank - Google Uk And Google Uk (Local)

Posted by MichaelQ on 21 March 2010 - 03:01 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

Just been setting up some searches and noticed there was a separate listing for Google UK and Google UK (Local)

What's the difference?

Haven't noticed the Local option for any other countries?

@michaelq

#4655 Reinstalling Serank 2 Upgrade?

Posted by MichaelQ on 20 March 2010 - 08:34 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Just to clarify some information and hopefully shortcut some help.

I registered SE Rank 1.0 with my name but my companies email account.

SE Rank 2.0 was still in my name but this time it was my personal email account I used.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of names, emails and still the stupid Activate screen won't validate me with your servers.

As they say - this kind of activation crap only hurts legitimate users.

#4653 Repeating Keywords

Posted by MichaelQ on 20 March 2010 - 06:01 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

is it necessary to repeat the location 'bristol' with every keyword? or will writing it once allow for all combinations?
also how many keywords can you write in a row before a comma?
and how many in total can you input?
and should most important keywords be entered first or does it not matter?
and one more thing all this data i'm adding can it all be amended at a later date, how long do search engines take to register changes?

Use Bristol in combination with other words to make keyphrases rather than keywords. Bristol by itself is useless, those other ones are excellent. Don't use a Keyword more than 5 times though. But consider variations too - cleaner / cleaners.

Each keyword / phrase should be separated by a comma.

No more than 500 characters, most will cut off after the first 20 phrases.

Important ones first.

A week to a month depending on how much Google checks your site.

As mentioned elsewhere - Google in particular says it ignores keywords. Title and Description tags are much more important. Even more important is decent content on your page. But I still believe a decent keyword list with the top 5-10 keyword phrases for each page make a small difference.

As with Titles and Descriptions, Keyword lists should be different and appropriate for each page of your site. Having one Tag the same throughout your site will get you marked down. Having a specific Title, Description and small Keyword list for each page - reflecting the content on that page, will get you big marks.

#4652 Reinstalling Serank 2 Upgrade?

Posted by MichaelQ on 20 March 2010 - 05:50 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

I am trying to reinstall SERank 2 on my Mac.

However it won't accept the ver 2.0 serial number because it's an upgrade serial, and there seems to be no obvious place to enter my ver 1.0 serial number.

The whole process is very bloody frustrating.

How do I get SERank working again ???

#3640 Sharing Serank Info Over Multiple Computers?

Posted by MichaelQ on 02 August 2009 - 09:09 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

You would have to take your database file with you which is located at;

username/Library/Application Support/Rank Checker/

This has been really handy the few times I've wanted to take my data with me on my Macbook.

However - where is the Reports Data and Templates kept? Just copied the data over to my Macbook and it doesn't have my saved reports templates.

They are saved to;

username/Library/Preferences/com.ragesw.serank.xml

Excellent thanks for that. I assume that might include all sorts of Preferences ?

#3630 Sharing Serank Info Over Multiple Computers?

Posted by MichaelQ on 01 August 2009 - 11:54 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

You would have to take your database file with you which is located at;

username/Library/Application Support/Rank Checker/

This has been really handy the few times I've wanted to take my data with me on my Macbook.

However - where is the Reports Data and Templates kept? Just copied the data over to my Macbook and it doesn't have my saved reports templates.

#3609 Se Rank - Getting No Results From Google.

Posted by MichaelQ on 28 July 2009 - 08:16 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

After 24 hours of trying and changing options, I'm pretty sure this isn't my fault.

Trying to check rankings for a new website. After starting with 6-8 engines I now have it checking just one (Google US) and still not working for me.

It say it connects to Google US for all of the Keywords. But no results are received - it just scrolls through the list and then sits there forever.

The only exception is the very first Keyword, which for some reason it gets the results for 3-4 times. But after that it just goes through the list and then sits there.

I have tried a few combinations and values but at the moment my Preferences are:

Max Connections 3
Delay 5
Timeout 25

I've tried with a few other Search Engines and get the same result.

Any ideas / help ?

#3535 Se Rank 2.0 Reports Not Saving !

Posted by MichaelQ on 01 July 2009 - 04:30 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

Don't think SE Rank 2.0 is ready for release - keeps hanging and wont quit. Certainly don't feel like it was worth the cost of the upgrade.

Been working on the new reports functions earlier today. Came back to it tonight (after a reset of my machine in between where SE Rank refused to properly close down)

Even after several time saving my new reports I was generating (before I even knew there was a problem - was just saving as I went along). Open it up tonight and all my new reports are completely gone.

Hours wasted.

Where are the Reports Templates saved? My only hope at the moment is I might be able to recover them with Time Machine.

#3533 Se Rank 2.0 Reports - Error With Custom Column Widths

Posted by MichaelQ on 30 June 2009 - 04:53 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Im using SE Rank 2.0. In Reports there is a bit of a problem when working with custom column widths and new fields.

I start by setting up a Report and assign some custom widths to the columns. Say 3 fields and 160 / 35 / 380 for the widths.

If I add a new column field in between fields 2 and 3, the column widths stay fixed - you get 160 / 35 / 380 / 0.

So the new column inherits the 380 width, and the old column 3 gets pushed out and you have to re-edit the widths again.

Bit annoying when you are experimenting with layouts and fields to use.

#3523 Serank Reports - Reverse Order?

Posted by MichaelQ on 30 June 2009 - 12:07 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

This seems to be working fine now with 2.0.

A good update - not sure its worth the $$$ but still nice.

#3520 Duplicate A Website With Its Keywords And History?

Posted by MichaelQ on 29 June 2009 - 07:27 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Is it possible to make a duplicate of a Website listing in SE Rank with all of its Keywords and Rank History?

Why?

I would like to be able to run two sets of reports for my customers.

1 - A report with only the 1st Ranking History and the Latest, without all the rest in between. This would be a nice way to represent "Six months ago you were ranking for 3 keywords, now you rank for 20"

2 - A report (as it is now) with all the other history in between.

I don't want to delete my "in between" history.

Being able to run a report / graph with being able to select which History is used (for Last Rank etc) would be the same sort of thing I guess.

#3470 Serank Reports - Reverse Order?

Posted by MichaelQ on 22 June 2009 - 02:47 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

We will fix this for version 2.0.

If you are looking at the table of results (not in the report but the main window), you can sort descending or ascending by clicking the header you want to sort by (click it twice to reverse the sort order).

Yeah I can sort in the Results Tables, just not in the Reports.

Sorting in the Results Table seems to make no difference to Reports order.

#3469 Serank Reports - Landscape Mode

Posted by MichaelQ on 22 June 2009 - 02:45 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

We are going to try and allow long links to wrap for version 2.1.

OK so I guess that's a No to a simple Landscape Print mode?

Even just reporting the URL without the http:// at the start would be helpful.

#3462 Se Rank Reports - Rename Columns?

Posted by MichaelQ on 19 June 2009 - 06:39 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Been playing around with the column widths in the SE Rank Reports. There is a bit of a restriction on minimum widths due to the Headings at the top of the column.

Rank - min is 35
Change - min is 50
Last Rank - didn't actually check min as it's obviously going to take up a lot of valuable room.

It's a bit annoying that the Titles take up about twice the width that the actual figures need. This is all valuable space that Keyword or Found URL could have available.

Any chance we could alter the Titles?

Even just a Delta Triangle would be great instead of "Change"

Cheers

#3461 Serank Reports - Reverse Order?

Posted by MichaelQ on 19 June 2009 - 04:50 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

No idea what "I've" done either - but I'm still getting reverse sorting.

Any time I apply a different sort option to a filter, it comes out in reverse order.

Example. If I use the "My Top Ranking Keywords" filter, and keep the Group By Search Engine option, its fine - 1 to 20.

But if I change the Group By to anything else, it produces results in the reverse order that you would expect, and want to present to a customer.

Is the 2.0 beta available for testing for anyone?

Hi Michael,

I am really not sure what you have done because for me it sorts properly (Keywords A-Z and rankings 1-100 etc...)

In version 2.0, which is currently in beta, you can include graphs in your reports.

Quit and relaunch the application. Create a new report and let me know if the problem continues.

#3460 Serank Reports - Landscape Mode

Posted by MichaelQ on 19 June 2009 - 04:03 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

In version 2.0 you can adjust the column widths. Version 2.0 will be released soon.

I can adjust the column widths now in 1.9.3 - but still restricted by page width. Landscape would be better.

#3456 Serank Reports - Rank Zero

Posted by MichaelQ on 19 June 2009 - 04:09 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

Final request (well OK, probably not) for SERank Reports.

Would love to be able to generate a Keyword list including the Keywords that return a Zero or No Rank result in SERank.

This would let me generate a SERank Report to show a client ALL their Keywords, including highlighting the ones that have No rank yet.

#3454 Serank Reports - Landscape Mode

Posted by MichaelQ on 18 June 2009 - 10:30 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

It would be massively useful if I could generate a Report in Landscape mode.

Even just having 3 or 4 columns of information means that long URL's are getting chopped off.

#3453 Serank Reports - Reverse Order?

Posted by MichaelQ on 18 June 2009 - 05:35 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Hi there.

Playing with the reports from SE Rank. I have it producing some nice and useful reports for my customers - but the results are backwards!

When I sort using Keywords - it sorts them Z to A, not A to Z.

When I sort using Ranks - it starts with the lowest Rank and goes up? Makes no sense.

Haven't been able to find anything to let me reorder the sorts - am I missing something?

Also - it is possible to use the graphs in reports ? The graphs with just dots are a bit useless - look nice, but not much of a story.

Cheers

Michael

#3163 Sharing Serank Info Over Multiple Computers?

Posted by MichaelQ on 02 April 2009 - 11:01 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

I'd like to know how I can use SERank on multiple Macs?

I have an iMac at home which is where I do most of my SEO work. However when I am on the road its annoying I can't take that information with me. Or do some research on the road and then add that to the database on the "mother ship" when I get home.

Is there anyway to do this?