#1 koen

koen

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Hi there,

I've been working on my site and wanted to create a new up-to-date sitemap. Somehow the Sitemap Automator is not seeing my iWeb blog entries, nor any of the links posted on them. Since I'm using the blog feature in iWeb as a sort of index / timeline I now have to ad all my pages manually. Any suggestions to what is happening and how I can fix this?

I'm using RAGE Sitemap Automator 2.1, OS X Leopard Snow 10.6.1 and iWeb 3 ('09).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
Koen

Edited by koen, 05 October 2009 - 11:29 AM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Sitemap Automator includes your blog XML feed instead of scanning all of your blog pages. This makes things much faster. Google will parse all the links in your blog feed through this XML feed.

#3 koen

koen

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:47 AM

Sitemap Automator includes your blog XML feed instead of scanning all of your blog pages. This makes things much faster. Google will parse all the links in your blog feed through this XML feed.

Ahaa! Wonderful. Thanks. I've added some links to the blog content page to pages linked within the posts.

Cheers,
koen

#4 koen

koen

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

Hi Paul,

Sorry to bother you again, but I cheered a bit too early. I checked the sitemap RAGE Sitemap Automator produces for one of my other sites, and found that it does include the page feed (www.domain.com/sitefolder/feed.xml), as per your description, but it doesn't include the entry feeds of any blogs inside that sitefolder. So what I get is a sitemap that does include feed of all the pages inside the site folder including the main blog page, but not the blog entries feed, at least I think.
Is there any way I can add such a feed manually? Does it work to add the RSS feed in the sitemap? Because the only XML pages containing the blog entries I can find are blog-archive, blog-main and rss.xml. Thanks again for your insight. So if I can add the RSS feed, I only have to do this once so that would be wonderful.

Cheers,
Koen

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

Hi Paul,

Sorry to bother you again, but I cheered a bit too early. I checked the sitemap RAGE Sitemap Automator produces for one of my other sites, and found that it does include the page feed (www.domain.com/sitefolder/feed.xml), as per your description, but it doesn't include the entry feeds of any blogs inside that sitefolder. So what I get is a sitemap that does include feed of all the pages inside the site folder including the main blog page, but not the blog entries feed, at least I think.
Is there any way I can add such a feed manually? Does it work to add the RSS feed in the sitemap? Because the only XML pages containing the blog entries I can find are blog-archive, blog-main and rss.xml. Thanks again for your insight. So if I can add the RSS feed, I only have to do this once so that would be wonderful.

Cheers,
Koen

It should include your blog rss feed for you, but if it doesn't for some reason then you can just add the rss feed manually.

#6 koen

koen

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:10 AM

Okay thanks. It doesn't automatically, but that probably has to with my site structure (two blogs in one site folder, custom layout etc.). Anyway adding it manually is not a problem.

Cheers, and thanks for the support,
Koen

Edited by koen, 07 October 2009 - 04:10 AM.

#7 TommyG

TommyG

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

I have a similar problem but have blogs linked to by the nav bar. It doesn't seem to get links from the Nav bar, which is probably Java script.
In fact, any page that is linked from the NAV bar is not getting included. From the Google side, I get the following Crawl error for this link:
http://www.neverendi.../Widgets/Navbar

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Never_Ending_Word/Scripts/Widgets/Navbar/ on this server

Edited by TommyG, 17 November 2010 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users