2 replies to this topic

#1 mrcolorado

mrcolorado

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

I had used another tool to create my current sitemap at www[dot]luckydogvolleyball[dot]com, and it contains hundreds and hundreds of links for google to gobble up.

I decided to purchase Rage sitemap automator for my Mac. I ran it against the same site but it only produces 65 links within my site, even though I know there are hundreds. I have lots of product details pages that it doesn't even pick up.

Is there a limit to the depth that the automator will crawl or something?

Thanks,
Will

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

I had used another tool to create my current sitemap at www[dot]luckydogvolleyball[dot]com, and it contains hundreds and hundreds of links for google to gobble up.

I decided to purchase Rage sitemap automator for my Mac. I ran it against the same site but it only produces 65 links within my site, even though I know there are hundreds. I have lots of product details pages that it doesn't even pick up.

Is there a limit to the depth that the automator will crawl or something?

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

There is no limit. I think you just need to add .cfm to the extensions to index in the Preferences (third tab), in Sitemap Automator and it will work for you.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

#3 mrcolorado

mrcolorado

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Hi Will,

There is no limit. I think you just need to add .cfm to the extensions to index in the Preferences (third tab), in Sitemap Automator and it will work for you.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
[/quote]

Hmmm.... I went into Preferences and .cfm is already listed. It doesn't seem to be going any deeper than my root though. Strange.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users