5 replies to this topic

#1 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Before buying SE and Sitemap Automator, here's how I worked on my site.

1. Create and edit content in Apple iWeb.
2. Save and publish to a folder on my harddrive
3. Open iWeb SEO and load the site
4. Reapply all the SEO stuff from iWebSEO
5. Go to FTP software and upload/sync from my hard drive to my server

Now, with SE and Sitemap, things change a little. My sitemap disappears from the server root folder because my FTP is syncing it. So I need to reupload that sitemap.

With SE, do I need to bother with the FTP now? How do I create and edit content in iWeb and get it on the server AND have SE publish my SEO work? Will SE act as my FTP now (and thus not require me to reupload my sitemap)? Should my workflow be like this:

1. Create and edit content in Apple iWeb.
2. Save and publish to a folder on my harddrive
3. Open SE and Click Publish

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hi,

Yes you have it exactly right with your new workflow.

SEIntelligence will now upload your site to your FTP server. Your sitemap will not be deleted either.

And because it remembers all of your inputted tags, it will save you a lot of time when you update your site.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

#3 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hi,

SEIntelligence will now upload your site to your FTP server. Your sitemap will not be deleted either.

And because it remembers all of your inputted tags, it will save you a lot of time when you update your site.

Hey, that's really cool. :D I'm finding a few quirks here and there with SE, but overall it's truly more powerful than iWebSEO. I'll try to document all of my observations and send them to support.

#4 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi,

Jeremy, I don't know what happened, but it seems I lost almost all of my tags. I've been editing pages in iWeb, Publish. Then I open SE and click Publish. My Google Analytics code is no longer in the pages. I'm re-entering everything now. What can someone do wrong to cause this? I don't want to do it again. Thanks.

Edited by Eric B, 07 November 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hi Eric,

We're currently working on a fix that will make remembering tags much more reliable. We'll send you a download link when we've completed it and have tested it thoroughly. Thank you for your continue patience.

#6 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi Eric,

We're currently working on a fix that will make remembering tags much more reliable. We'll send you a download link when we've completed it and have tested it thoroughly. Thank you for your continue patience.

OK thanks! :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users