MobileMe To RAGE Web Hosting – Transferring A DomainJanuary 3rd, 2012
Follow the steps below to transfer your domain and sign up for hosting.
1. Go to the website where you registered your domain. You will need to obtain your domain’s EPP or Authorization Code (this is a security measure, similar to a password that only the domain owner would be able to know). You will also need to ‘unlock’ the domain so it can be transferred. If you are not sure how to do this, you can e-mail your registrar and request that they do it for you. This video tutorial shows you how to do it using GoDaddy as an example.
2. Click here to have the sign up page open.
3. With the second option selected (
4. It should say your domain is available to purchase, you should see it with a checkmark beside it and the status saying ” Available! Order Now”. Select the “Click to Continue” button.
5. From the Billing Cycle drop down menu, select the billing cycle you want. If you want to purchase any of the add-ons, place a checkmark in the boxes. Please note that all prices shown are monthly prices unless otherwise noted. When you are done click on the “Add to Cart” button.
6. Here is where you will need to enter your EPP or Authorization code that was mentioned in step 1. If you want ID Protection, check the box next to $10.00 USD. ID Protection protects the identity of the person registering the domain. When domains are registered, the personal information of the person registering can be accessed by the public. If you wish to hide your personal information, then order the ID Protection. When you are done, click on the “Update Cart” button.
7. Ensure your order is correct. If not, click on the “Start Over” button to begin the process again. If your order looks fine, click on the “Checkout” button.
8. Enter your information including payment information. [Note: If your credit card gets denied several times, your credit card company may be blocking it to protect you. Use PayPal as an alternative if you want the order to go through as soon as possible. When you are done, complete the order. You will then receive instructions in your email on what to do next.