We are happy to announce that EverWeb version 1.9.6 is now available for download for anyone with an active license. Please read the information in the ‘How to Update to EverWeb 1.9.6’ section below before updating.
EverWeb 1.9.6 Features
EverWeb version 1.9.6 focuses mainly on stability and performance enhancements and includes the following:
- EverWeb will upload a robots.txt file to avoid Google error messages
- New ‘Made with Love with EverWeb’ button added to the Insert-> Button Menu
- A number of new Theme Templates are available for download from the EverWeb-> Check for New Templates… menu
- Fixed the link to the popup window option where it would resize the popup window if the browser was too small
- Fixed issues with dragging images from Photos
- Publishing optimizations and speed improvements
- Fixed issues with exporting images that were masked
- Objects with shadows on Master Pages are now exported properly
- Fixed an issue with Header Tags not updating properly after editing them
- Improved French localization
- Picture frames now draw correctly for rotated images/shapes
- Fixed a Fonts Window issue when selecting fonts
- EverWeb will not try to connect online if there is no Internet connection
- Fixed a crash when copying and pasting styled text from some third party applications into EverWeb
- Fixed image frames and shadows not being exported properly if used on a page with a master page
How To Update To EverWeb 1.9.6
You can easily update to EverWeb 1.9.6 by
- Launching EverWeb and going to the EverWeb menu at the top of the screen and selecting ‘Check for Update’ or by
- Downloading EverWeb from the EverWeb website.
Remember, you won’t lose any previous data when updating since your website project files are stored elsewhere on your computer.
If you purchased EverWeb as a standalone product the upgrade will not be free if your license has expired. You can check your license expiry date at any time using the EverWeb-> Preferences… menu. The ‘Next Due Date’ in the ‘Account’ tab shows the date your license is due for renewal.
The EverWeb Standalone license entitles you to EverWeb plus one year of upgrades and support. You can always use your purchased version of EverWeb without ever paying again. If your EverWeb license has expired and you want to renew it to receive another year of updates and support, click on the ‘Manage Account’ button. This will take you to the EverWeb Client Area. Select the Services-> My Services menu. On the ‘My Products & Services’ page, double click on the EverWeb product that has expired. The ‘Manage Product’ page is where you renew your license. Once you have renewed your license, use one of the above ways to update to the new 1.9.6 version.
If you do not want to renew your EverWeb license but have already downloaded EverWeb version 1.9.6 you will not be able to publish your website(s). In this case, you can easily re-download EverWeb version 1.9.0. Follow the instructions in the above paragraph to get to the ‘Manage Product’ page. On the left of this page, select ‘Downloads’ and choose the version of 1.9.0 that you need either the OS X 10.6 version or OS X 10.7 and later version.
The EverWeb User Survey
We would love your feedback to help us improve EverWeb and we’ll extend your EverWeb Standalone Upgrade/Support plan or your EverWeb + Hosting account plan by one month just for filling out our short survey. Just click on the link below!
Thanks for taking the time to complete the survey. Your feedback is important and we will use it to improve EverWeb. So let us know your thoughts and we’ll use your feedback to make EverWeb even better!