Target Your Market with EverWeb’s Language LocalizationFebruary 4th, 2018
EverWeb’s Language Localization feature is a great way to target geographic local markets and audiences or for multilingual websites that targets different countries and/or language groups. When designing and building a website, you probably have some kind of audience, focus or target in mind right from the outset. Even if your website seems to have no specific target market or audience, you can still apply some SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and SERP (Search Engine Results Page) implementation with Language Localization.
Targeting a Non-Target Market
If you think your website does not have a target market or audience, think again, as you will have written your site’s pages using at least one language. At this level, your market or audience scope is probably very large e.g. all English, Spanish, or Chinese speakers. Even at this scale, you have a place to start for SEO and you can optimize more as you learn more about your target market later on.
At this scale, set your Language Localization at the global level in your EverWeb Project file. To do this:
- Go to the File-> Edit Publishing Settings menu, or click on your Project name in the Web Page List. The Site Publishing Settings will appear.
- In the ‘Head/Footer Code’ section is the ‘Language’ option. Click on the drop down box and select the language that your website is written in e.g. if your website is written in Spanish, select ‘Spanish’.
- When you click on the drop down to open the list of available languages, start to type the name of your language. The language list uses predictive search. As you type, the closer to your language you will get in the list.
- Once you have selected the language you want to use, publish your entire website as the global nature of the language localization will be applied to all of the pages in the Project file
Your website will use the language localization setting to better to serve web visitors with results that are geared relevant to Spanish speaking audience.
Narrowing The Market Focus
You probably noticed that as well as the ‘Spanish’ language option, there were other ‘Spanish’ language options available on a country by country level. If your website is geared towards only one specific country, select the Spanish country option for your market e.g. ‘Spanish (Chile)’ This will help better refine your SEO for your target market or audience.
Market Targeting with Multilingual Websites
If you have a website that uses more than one language, using EverWeb’s Language Localization feature on a page by page basis is probably the most suitable way to optimize for a better SERP. Again, it’s easy to set up:
- First set up the primary language that website uses in Site Publishing Settings as we did above when setting up Spanish (Chile) as our primary language.
- The next step is to use the Language Localization drop down menu on each page of your website that uses the secondary language.
- To do this, select a page in your Project that uses the secondary language.
- Next go to the Page Settings tab in the Inspector Window.
- In the ‘Page Details’ section is the ‘Language Localization’ drop down. Select the language and country that you require. In our example, the Project file is mainly in Spanish as it is targeting the Chilean market, however, there are also some pages in Portuguese for the Brazilian market. In this case, set the page Language Localization as Portuguese (Brazil).
When using Language Localization on a page by page basis in your website, it does not matter if you have more than one language/country combination in the Project file as long as you each has its own page. In our example above, we could also have had pages for Spanish speakers in Bolivia. In this case, the Language Localization would be set to ‘Spanish (Bolivia)’ to more specifically target Bolivian Spanish speakers.
If you have created multiple project files for your multilingual website and linked them together using external URL links, it will be easy to implement Language Localization at the website (global) level for each project file.
EverWeb’s Language Localization feature can help your SEO and SERP rankings at all levels within your website, even if your website appears not to have any specific market or audience focus.
EverWeb on Social Media
You can also find EverWeb on the following social media platforms:
Twitter handle @ragesw
March 4th, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Impressive.Thanks a lot