#1 explore-o-matic

explore-o-matic

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

Hi,

I'm new to the Mac platform and I soon got fed up with the folders being mixed in with the files, no tree view, etc. I found Macintosh explorer and loved it right off the bat! Great work!

That being said, I'm having a couple of issues. One is that the folders on the right-hand side for any non-Mac disks are totally out of order. But an even bigger problem is that the file sizes are totally being misreported!

Here is what I get when I right-click on my 250GB Macintosh HD and Get Info:
"Size: 3.75GB of which -7.255792e+18 bytes"

And here is what I get when I right-click on my 2GB USB drive and Get Info:
"Size: 8.18GB of which 1.21GB are free"

Clearly, there is a bug with the space-calculation algorithm! As it is I am getting around it by clicking "Get Finder Info".

(As an aside, I would also love to see an option to automatically show the Finder Get Info dialog box instead of the Macintosh Explorer one. There are certain options such as "Open with" that I miss with the internal Get Info function.)

Thanks for listening and keep up the great development work! Macintosh Explorer is bound to be a great aide for the millions of people switching from Windows to Macs, and as such I think it deserves world-class development treatment so it can become as good as possible and gain visibility in the community.

Mike

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this issue and hopefully get it fixed.

#3 telemachus

telemachus

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:15 AM

(As an aside, I would also love to see an option to automatically show the Finder Get Info dialog box instead of the Macintosh Explorer one. There are certain options such as "Open with" that I miss with the internal Get Info function.)

Hi,
perhaps pressing command-I again once the mac explorer info panel is up would bring up the finder info panel?

similarly, there should be a keyboard command to reveal in finder rather than having to mouse about.

another finder thing I like and miss is the RH click on a file where OPEN WITH> has an arrow which allows you to select the app to open the file with rather than open the applications window which takes much longer to navigate.

tx
Mark

Edited by telemachus, 13 June 2008 - 06:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users