#1 PaulNYC

PaulNYC

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

Hi,

I seem to have lost the file window. All I have now is the directory listing on the left side.

How can I get the other back?

Thanks
Paul

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

Delete your preferences located at username/Library/Preferences/Mac Explorer prefs

#3 PaulNYC

PaulNYC

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

Delete your preferences located at username/Library/Preferences/Mac Explorer prefs

I did exactly that twice - has no effect. It opens up just as it was - same tab, same folder etc...

Paul

#4 PaulNYC

PaulNYC

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

To add to this - I uninstalled Explorer, removed the preferences, and then tried to reinstall. BUt during the process of opening the .dmg file (after the how to install screen comes up) the entire system locks up forcing me to power the imac off.

Paul

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

That's a problem with your operating system, not Macintosh Explorer since it was when you were opening the DMG file. Check your system for problems with Disk Utility in the utilities folder.

#6 PaulNYC

PaulNYC

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

That's a problem with your operating system, not Macintosh Explorer since it was when you were opening the DMG file. Check your system for problems with Disk Utility in the utilities folder.

Ran the disk utility and still the same problem.

After that I found a download for the 4.3 version. I had no problem with the dmg package running. I installed that version and missing window problem went away as well.

So, I decided to try the current version again. The same lockup occurred but with a quick push on the power button it went into sleep mode and when I 'woke' it up the system had freed up and I was able to do the install.

The new version does not install in exactly the same places and leaves the old version. But the result was that with the new version I still had the missing windows. So, it must be leaving some settings elsewhere on the system. -- Since the 4.3 version was still on the system and working correctly that is what I am using for now. Maybe the next update will fix the problem.

Paul

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

Make sure you have deleted the preferences located at username/Library/Preferences/Mac Explorer prefs it should fix this issue.

#8 PaulNYC

PaulNYC

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Make sure you have deleted the preferences located at username/Library/Preferences/Mac Explorer prefs it should fix this issue.

Finally - it all worked and is fixed.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users