4 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor Banks

Taylor Banks

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

How do I update "blog information" (i.e. Last Updated, Technorati Rank, Incoming Blog Links, Blog Feed) and/or update the "RSS URL" field for domains that host blogs? The data for several of these fields shows 0 or unknown, though they should not. :(

I have domains that host their own RSS feeds, and other domains with Feedburner-hosted feeds, and neither update properly within Domainer even when "Updating Domain Details..."

Did I miss something? Should these be auto-propagated? If not, can I edit or modify the feed url to ensure that they do work properly?

Cheers,
-taylor

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

Can you give me a domain with a blog you are having trouble with so I can test here.

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

Do you have a technorati API key in your preferences? Instructions for getting the API Key are in the Preferences window under the API tab.

#4 Taylor Banks

Taylor Banks

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:25 AM

Do you have a technorati API key in your preferences? Instructions for getting the API Key are in the Preferences window under the API tab.

Indeed I do, and the key is set in Domainer's preferences window.

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

The reason its not working is because you have not enabled the awareness API for your account. To do this, log into feedburner account, select your blog, press the Publicize tab, then select Awareness API. Once you enable the Awareness API Update your domain details. Hold option when you update to force an update of all cached details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users