#1 mattpeckham

mattpeckham

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

Hi there,

Just fiddling with the RAGE MapDesign demo to see if it'll suit my needs...

I'm planning to create an image map that front-ends a WordPress site (WordPress offers the option to index a standalone HTML page).

Here's what I'm trying to do. I've got a largish rectangular JPG that's a geographical map. I'm putting sticky notes on that map in Photoshop. I've been able to subsequently go into MapDesign and polygon-draw hotspots. The normal/mousover/mousedown effects don't suit my purposes (I was actually hoping for a simple "illumination" option that applies a brightening effect to the hotspot area) so I'm looking at swapping in an alternative image.

Thing is, I need to know the precise dimensions of the hotspot, so I can size the image I want to swap *for* properly. Make sense? I'm trying to set up image swapping that's seamless.

Any suggestions?

Very best,

Matt

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

Hi Matt,

The polygon tool can not be used with the effects based image map. Only rectangles can be used.

Unfortunately in the current version you can not easily see the dimensions. You would have to make your image map and the export it and look at the source code to see the size of each hot spot.

We can add a feature like this however in the next release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users