5 replies to this topic

#1 Ray Bulson

Ray Bulson

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

I have opened my website from a published folder on my hard drive. I cannot add text to images because the individual image folders (containing a full size, micro, and thumb images) within the media folders will not open up to access the image files. I am trying to add image information to Photo templates using iWeb '09. My website is www.raybulson.com.

Ray

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hi,

You don't add image tags to your images. You add them to your html pages that contain those image files.

Select an HTML file and you will see all images in that file listed.

#3 Ray Bulson

Ray Bulson

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

You don't add image tags to your images. You add them to your html pages that contain those image files.

Select an HTML file and you will see all images in that file listed.

That's the problem - there are no images that are listed when I select the respective .html files. Images are only listed for blank pages upon which I manually placed photos. For pages made using the iWeb Photos template, the HTML file lists no images.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

That's because iWeb uses Javascript to create its photo albums making it impossible to add alternative image text for them.

#5 withmagic

withmagic

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Hi,
Is it impossible then to add text to all images on the photo album sites in iweb?
If so, and that seems crazy since the point of the programme is to allow you to tag all areas of a site that a search engine would not otherwise pick up. Is there anyway around that other than redesigning the site so that any images descriptions that you want the search engines to include are on non photo album pages?

Whilst I have your attention too, what are the custom meta tags relating to?
Thank you for any help Jenny

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi,
Is it impossible then to add text to all images on the photo album sites in iweb?
If so, and that seems crazy since the point of the programme is to allow you to tag all areas of a site that a search engine would not otherwise pick up. Is there anyway around that other than redesigning the site so that any images descriptions that you want the search engines to include are on non photo album pages?

Whilst I have your attention too, what are the custom meta tags relating to?
Thank you for any help Jenny

This is a limitation of iWeb. It's just how it works.

Custom meta tags allow you to enter any kind of meta tag to your website. Most users won't need it. If you need to use it, you will know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users