Photo

Meta Tag For My Home Page Appears On My Web Page Itself!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 psychotherapist/ webmaster

psychotherapist/ webmaster

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hello there,

I downloaded and entered information on iWeb SEO tool a few hours ago. While all my other pages are working fine and showing their title tags beautifully, my home page not only doesn't show the correct title tag, but also actually displays my meta tag on the top of the home page itself! This is an obvious eyesore, and a serious problem. I even tried to delete the name tag completely, but even that didn't change it. I would appreciate any help with this ASAP!

My home page is: web.mac.com/NaomiAzriel, and is also forwarded to: NaomiAzrielPsychotherapy.com

Thank you!!

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

It looks OK to me. Did you fix the issue?

Does the problem still occur when you try to apply your tags?

#3 Lon

Lon

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Looks OK to me as well. If it happens again just delete your home page on Mobile Me and re-upload a new file. Make sure you delete the meta tag from SEO.

#4 psychotherapist/ webmaster

psychotherapist/ webmaster

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

Thank to you both! Yes, i did fix it by re-uploading my home page on iWeb. I wonder if any of you, or anyone on this forum, has any input around my GoDaddy forwarded domain. Right now, as you noted, it immediately redirects to web.mac.com url.

I previously had GoDaddy "mask" my web.mac.com url, but learned here that this was a bad idea, as the search engines read my whole website as just one page. So, I had them "unmask" it. I have "C-Name" forwarding- this is what the folks at mac told me to get from GoDaddy. Is that wrong? is there any other way that I could keep my .com domain as the core url, with each page building on this url, as in NaomiAzrielPsychotherapy.com/about?

I'd appreciate any advice on this!

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

You need to use CNAME forwarding which you do not currently use. Please email Godaddy and ask them to update this for you.

#6 Think Direct

Think Direct

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:15 AM

Looks OK to me as well. If it happens again just delete your home page on Mobile Me and re-upload a new file. Make sure you delete the meta tag from SEO.

Hi, I recently tried to add the google analytics code through my old version of iweb seo tool. I added the code as a custom meta tag however when I applied the changes and went to view my website in my browser, I could actually see the code as black text at the top of my web pages. So I deleted all my custom tags and republished my site through iWeb 09. That removed the text that was appearing however then I had to re-apply my original title tags and keywords in my seo tool however it kept adding the custom tag that I had deleted to my site pages.

I then downloaded the updated iWeb seo tool with the analytics code function and I had exactly the same problem, again It seems as if the Custom Meta Tags, although I have deleted them are still there somewhere… How do I get rid of them?

So, now I have no title tags or keywords on my site and I really need to get them back. Has anyone had this problem and how can I fix this. All I want to do is get my title tags and meta tags back the way it was…. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

My website is http://www.think-dir...nalisation.html

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

Please see my response to you;

http://www.ragesw.co...o...ic=1593&hl=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users