5 replies to this topic

#1 Girl Friday

Girl Friday

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

I purchased the 2.2 version of RAGE Sitemap today and followed the instructions perfectly about a dozen times and I cannot get verified with Google. When I try to verify it says page not found.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Laurissa

Edited by Girl Friday, 20 October 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#2 psychotherapist/ webmaster

psychotherapist/ webmaster

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

I have the exact same problem! My site was verified with the old version of Sitemap Automator for a while now, and I was getting good and helpful, albeit limited, information from my Webmasters Tools account, as I do publish my site on MobileMe, and so couldn't verify at the root level.

When google changed their verification process though, all of a sudden my site became unverified.
Now, I downloaded version 2.2, and followed the instructions carefully. I have tried to verify both at the root level and not, repeated the instructions in the video and the written manual several times, but it just won't do- I keep getting a "Page Not Found" error message on the Webmasters Tools link to the page that should contain the published verification file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Naomi Azriel
www.NaomiAzrielPsychotherapy.com

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

I have the exact same problem! My site was verified with the old version of Sitemap Automator for a while now, and I was getting good and helpful, albeit limited, information from my Webmasters Tools account, as I do publish my site on MobileMe, and so couldn't verify at the root level.

When google changed their verification process though, all of a sudden my site became unverified.
Now, I downloaded version 2.2, and followed the instructions carefully. I have tried to verify both at the root level and not, repeated the instructions in the video and the written manual several times, but it just won't do- I keep getting a "Page Not Found" error message on the Webmasters Tools link to the page that should contain the published verification file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Naomi Azriel
www.NaomiAzrielPsychotherapy.com

Your site wasn’t automatically unverified by Google. Because you republished your site with iWeb your XML Sitemap file and verification file were deleted from your server.

Most likely the reason you are having issues is because your site was added to Google Webmaster Tools as;

http://www.naomiazrielpsychotherapy.com/Site/

When it needs to be;

http://www.naomiazrielpsychotherapy.com/

When publishing to the root directory of your server. This allows you to also get access to all the Webmaster Tools stats and info for your site.

A second reason you may be having these issues can be because you downloaded the verification file from Google Webmaster Tools more than once. Since file names must be unique in Mac OS X, when you download your verification file multiple times, Mac OS X will add a number to the end of the file name to make sure the file names are unique. So make sure you delete all verification files from your downloads folder on your computer, download your verification file one more time and then publish it to your server with Sitemap Automator.

#4 psychotherapist/ webmaster

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I tried this again.... following your suggestions. I deleted all the previous downloads of the verification file. I added my url to Webmaster Tools as www.naomiazrielpsychotherapy.com/, as you suggested (previously I tried just www.naomiazrielpsychotherapy.com. I don't know if the "/" makes any difference....). This is the same url that I entered into Sitemap Automator to generate a sitemap. I published the verification file per your instructions. Still, the link the Webmaster Tools offers to confirm successful upload leads to an error message.

What to do?

Thank you!!

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I tried this again.... following your suggestions. I deleted all the previous downloads of the verification file. I added my url to Webmaster Tools as www.naomiazrielpsychotherapy.com/, as you suggested (previously I tried just www.naomiazrielpsychotherapy.com. I don't know if the "/" makes any difference....). This is the same url that I entered into Sitemap Automator to generate a sitemap. I published the verification file per your instructions. Still, the link the Webmaster Tools offers to confirm successful upload leads to an error message.

What to do?

Thank you!!

Have you downloaded version 2.2.1? It fixed verification issues with MobileMe hosted websites and is probably why you are having these issues;

http://www.ragesw.com/products/googlesitemap.html

#6 psychotherapist/ webmaster

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I just downloaded version 2.2.1 and verified successfully and easily. Thank you again for your great products and responsive customer support!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users